Home

Losing isn't the same anymore

This is a discussion on Losing isn't the same anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Losing isn't the same anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack31x
nobody cares about this...please dont post worthless things
I'm sure glad your post wasn't worthless,way to come on board and give your well thought out response.

I feel the same as you do Indy,and you bring up some very valid points,I just guess we'll have to wait and see how this all pans out.

I would LOVE to actually have to gameplan each week depending on who I'm playing.
If I'm playing the Colts,I want to be able to get to Manning on defense,while at the same time,I want to eat up as much clock as I can to keep him off the field....this is something that should work both ways (offense/defense)

Like I was saying.....we'll see
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:

Anyways, OP brought up a lot of points. Asking for a more challenging and fair CPU is something the community has asked for, and Ian has said the CPU is going to be more adaptive this year. We still need to see more of the game before we see the truth.

With more people jumping into franchise this year, the expectations need to be raised and some extra "game preparation" features would make franchise mode much better.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Please leave the forum...with this sort of attitude. What the guy says is true.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yep. For me, it ruins the replay value if you can take a team like Detroit, go 16-0 and win the Superbowl in the first season. Then what is there left to do? The CPU should be challenging enough that if the team you're playing with is in rebuilding mode, it would be an accomplishment to win 5 games. Preseason and the playoffs, even the Superbowl need to be worth playing. There's no incentive to play those games. Preseason because the roster size isn't at 80, and the postseason because it feels pretty much identical to the regular season when it should be a lot more challenging.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

try..........playing as only...............1 player throughout..................the whole.................. game

(Example)
Play as only the WR............on offense
or the CB..................on defense
and try...................to win....................that way.

I was where you..................are now, but it happened with me................on last gen.
I got to a...................point....................where I could ....................never lose...............to the......................CPU.
So I made things tougher.............................on myself...................by only using one player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #22
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Hammond
try..........playing as only...............1 player throughout..................the whole.................. game

(Example)

I was where you..................are now, but it happened with me................on last gen.
I got to a...................point....................where I could ....................never lose...............to the......................CPU.
So I made things tougher.............................on myself...................by only using one player.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
Yep. For me, it ruins the replay value if you can take a team like Detroit, go 16-0 and win the Superbowl in the first season. Then what is there left to do? The CPU should be challenging enough that if the team you're playing with is in rebuilding mode, it would be an accomplishment to win 5 games. Preseason and the playoffs, even the Superbowl need to be worth playing. There's no incentive to play those games. Preseason because the roster size isn't at 80, and the postseason because it feels pretty much identical to the regular season when it should be a lot more challenging.
Well with the pro tak this year I think it will make a big difference. I was watching Ian twitter last week. He said when he was playing the AI on all pro the game was close between him and AAI. So if you put it on all pro I am assuming the AI is going to challange you more then it would in pro are rookie. BTW if you have been readong blog and posts latly the superbowl is looking way up for madden 10 this year. I ain't worried. Madden 10 is going to be off the chain.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #24
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Hammond

(Example)

You really need to stop doing that lol.

Last edited by IndyColts2; 05-30-2009 at 07:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »