Home

Archive of interview with Ian

This is a discussion on Archive of interview with Ian within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Archive of interview with Ian

Also, NCAA 09 has this to say about its online dynasty. They dont leave any question if its going to be one year or 60 years. Madden 10 currently has left a question mark and that leaves the question open to ask how long will it be.

Quote:
The All-New Online Dynasty – Play a complete revolutionary dynasty experience online with 60 years of continuous play. Online Dynasty includes full recruiting, redshirts, stats, NCAA news, custom schedules and more. Up to 12 players across the nation can compete in your dynasty, so invite your friends to join and launch your legacy. It’s as easy as running a Fantasy Football League!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=68780
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
Here is the archive link to the interview with Ian from last night. Thanks for all the great feedback from those who showed up. http://tinyurl.com/mp2wp2
I just downloaded this and watched it. I just want to say that you did a really good job putting this together, and I liked how you asked some serious questions, but in a professional non-confrontational way. Ian really spoke well here as well. This was much better than interviews I've seen in other places lately. This laid-back conversational style is the way to go.

Here are some of the things I got from the vid:

1. The celebration square situation is either going to be eliminated or it's on the list to be eliminated soon.

2. Short yardage meaning QB sneaks, goaline, etc. will result in a leverage battle like we've seen in real life all of our lives.

3. Kurt Warner looked crazy on the sideline warming up. Nice!

4. It's really something how better camera's change the complexion of the game's look.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I just downloaded this and watched it. I just want to say that you did a really good job putting this together, and I liked how you asked some serious questions, but in a professional non-confrontational way. Ian really spoke well here as well. This was much better than interviews I've seen in other places lately. This laid-back conversational style is the way to go.

Thank you. I wasn't expecting to have a chance to talk to him, so when the opportunity was there, i became the guy that plays Madden 12 months a year who had a ton of questions. I had to cut out alot of my asking the questions because i went on a little too long trying to make my point. The fight night interview was also conversational, I hope you check that one out too.
The audio was a killer, my camera guy didnt bring the right mic, and we paid for it with bad audio. Won't happen again.
I had seen an IGN preview with Ian where the guy never said a word and I kept wondering if he was awake. I swore if i got the chance to talk to Ian I would ask the things I was wondering about because I figured there were others looking for the same info.

Here is the IPOD friendly link. I deleted the other link
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AllGa...addenfinal.mp4
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #44
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I wanted to know his opinion.
Perhaps mine will help? No... not in everything. There's give and take. If you choose to put 2k5 aside, you'll gain a lot in some areas, lose a bit in others. I'd advise give it a rent, get a feel for it, make your decision then.

I'm confident most people will make the leap. I prefer Madden 10 to NFL 2k5. But it has not surpassed it in every way yet. I don't think even Ian would make that claim.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

“The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.”
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #45
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
There is a big difference between three things

Common Knowledge- People ask if you can be in a league with another person and yourself.(or how in the world will they fill up a 32 human league with sim players)

The answer was already given in both picture, video, and words. These people dont have common knowledge yet.

Common Sense- I ask will the season be longer then one season because they have not said anything about it being as long as offline franchise. Also common sense would be to ignore you because you are not a dev nor do you have any real knowledge about my question.

Assumptions- Are people saying of course its going to be longer then one year.

I dont mean to insult you but that is how it boils down.
whatever dude, you are an idiot. I wasnt giving you my opinion. Franchise means more than 1 year. If it was only 1 season it would be called online league or online season.

Im trying to help you understand that and you come at me sideways? the heck with you, you fool.

go troll some other message boards with this crap. I was being nice responding to you trying to get you to understand, and all i see is you in every single madden thread talking the same crap. Go Away!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #46
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Award for most annoying background noise in an interview, but good interview if you can bear the noise. You can tell the guy asking the questions either knows the game, or had someone who does know the game feeding him the questions.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
whatever dude, you are an idiot. I wasnt giving you my opinion. Franchise means more than 1 year. If it was only 1 season it would be called online league or online season.

Im trying to help you understand that and you come at me sideways? the heck with you, you fool.

go troll some other message boards with this crap. I was being nice responding to you trying to get you to understand, and all i see is you in every single madden thread talking the same crap. Go Away!!!
If I did troll it was at different angles. In here I asked allgames if he knew and he has yet to respond. I dont think he knows and I only kept posting because you did not see where I was coming from. Then you said I was asking a common sense question and I then told you what is consider common sense, knowledge, and assumptions. In the official online thread I asked will it be longer then one season or will it be 30 years ect ect. I then listed my reasons why it I am asking that question. I also said in the IGN/gamespot(note sure which one now haha) thread that the fact you cant trade future picks makes me worried.

If I was trolling then I will get an infraction for doing so. I dont feel that I was trolling and it is not up to you to decide if I should get an infraction. That is up to the mods. Anyways this has been completely pointless and I bid you a good day.

EDIT
Please let this topic die in this thread and let the thread be talked about the video of the interview with Ian. It was fairly off topic and should not be continued.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 06-01-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #48
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
The audio was a killer, my camera guy didnt bring the right mic, and we paid for it with bad audio. Won't happen again. I had seen an IGN preview with Ian where the guy never said a word and I kept wondering if he was awake. I swore if i got the chance to talk to Ian I would ask the things I was wondering about because I figured there were others looking for the same info.
lol... looks like I should read before I post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »