Home

Future Ahead for Madden

This is a discussion on Future Ahead for Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Icon5 Future Ahead for Madden

Madden 10 is looking really, really good. From what i am reading it just gets better and better, and the additions are coming, and coming. That got my brain thinking (i don't do much of that). If this is the closest to perfection, and if the dev team has put all of their heart and soul into this one game, where do they take it from here? How can they continue there innovation for this game. Any thoughts people, if you were the next dev team to work on 11, what would you do, because as a huge franchise like madden, the only place to look is AHEAD. Now I know what your thinking, who cares, and really who does but as a fan you have to wonder how this company can progress there series without throwing stupid marketing ploys, or just like 2 over hyped features that will "change the game" because realistically it wont. In my opinion what they should (if this does turn out to be the closest to perfect) is yearly roster updates, and some major dlc packs. And I'm not talking like 2 in a year, i mean a lot. But then they would lose a lot of the offline gamers who are unable to have access to online gaming such as gamers like me and others. So how about you guys, whats your take on the future of madden, where could you take this franchise if it was IN YOUR HANDS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Future Ahead for Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Madden 10 is looking really, really good. From what i am reading it just gets better and better, and the additions are coming, and coming. That got my brain thinking (i don't do much of that). If this is the closest to perfection, and if the dev team has put all of their heart and soul into this one game, where do they take it from here? How can they continue there innovation for this game. Any thoughts people, if you were the next dev team to work on 11, what would you do, because as a huge franchise like madden, the only place to look is AHEAD. Now I know what your thinking, who cares, and really who does but as a fan you have to wonder how this company can progress there series without throwing stupid marketing ploys, or just like 2 over hyped features that will "change the game" because realistically it wont. In my opinion what they should (if this does turn out to be the closest to perfect) is yearly roster updates, and some major dlc packs. And I'm not talking like 2 in a year, i mean a lot. But then they would lose a lot of the offline gamers who are unable to have access to online gaming such as gamers like me and others. So how about you guys, whats your take on the future of madden, where could you take this franchise if it was IN YOUR HANDS?
"Everything you see on Sunday's"
Old 06-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
"Everything you see on Sunday's"
exactly. There is probably always more they can do to reach that potential-that's why they said "see it in Madden NFL" not "See it in Madden NFL '10"
Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
exactly. There is probably always more they can do to reach that potential-that's why they said "see it in Madden NFL" not "See it in Madden NFL '10"
exactly
Old 06-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Ian has already said that there are many things that did not make it in the game this year. So yeah. the future does look good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

There is going to be a lot of tuning and theres going to be alot more stuff that will be added. Trust me there is still plenty of things that can be added and make gameplay even better.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Well theoretically, if the online franchise is done well enough and you can play multiple seasons, with custom rosters online, then it makes future Maddens somewhat superfluous.

That is if you believe that most releases are little more than "glorified roster updates."

If in the summer of 2010 a lot of people are playing into the 3rd or 4th year of their online franchises, maybe they don't have quite the urgent desire to pick up Madden 11.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #8
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I just hope the jump to the next round of consoles is alot smoother than the jump to these current consoles.It took 5 years to get it right,hopefully with more CD space,more power, and a better understanding of the engine,Madden is only gonna get better...just go ahead and let Phil and Ian keep leading the direction.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »