Home

Will you play more OFFline or ONline franchise?

This is a discussion on Will you play more OFFline or ONline franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
I like both, but will play more offline franchise 120 40.96%
I like both, but will play more online franchise 41 13.99%
I will ONLY play offline franchise 106 36.18%
I will ONLY play online franchise 22 7.51%
None. I prefer play now or online matches 4 1.37%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Will you play more OFFline or ONline franchise?

I'll stick with the norm and play offline Franchise like always. Maybe I'll try the online Franchise with my brother, but offline is my thing.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #58
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
It's not that i don't love the idea of "online franchise", it's that i'll have to play at a certain time and be available for certain events at certain times... as an adult, i can't commit that to a computer game.

Offline however allows me to pick up and play when i have the time and desire.
I thought the same thing before I started playing in an Online Dynasty. You will easily be able to find a group of guys that are just like you with kids, jobs, other responsibilities, etc.. and you really only have to be around for 1 hour every couple nights. If you can't be there, they can sim a game or 2 during the season. I feel like I'm a salesman for Online Franchise and I haven't even seen the product, it may suck. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't write it off as too time consuming because most of the other guys (girls?) playing will be in a similar situation to you.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #59
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This argument is overplayed and misunderstanding of offline franchise players.

Offline Franchise players have been BEGGING for a smarter CPU. We don't enjoy kicking the crap out of the CPU any more than you seem to think we do.

Bottom line is there are those that prefer to take their chances with unknown human opponents under the risk of getting cheated and cheesed to death; And then there are those that either don't have high speed internet or simply have no desire to play against over-reacting, uber competitive humans that have no other pride in their lives besides a leaderboard or online Franchise Super Bowl (woopty-doo).

Both positions are biased but online gamers seem to be the loud minority.
You've nailed the problem people have online. You go on "taking a chance" your gonna get cheese. I played online all the time- my record and rank was 23-26 level 2 because I only played ranked games in search of sim guys, once a found a couple good ones, they each knew a couple of other simmers and we formed a 12 man league.

As for the Super Bowl, people wanted presentation offline so they feel like they won something at the bowl. Winning the online franchise is like winning your fantasy league-bragging rights over your all your league friends.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #60
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Ill stick to offline franchise.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #61
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm stoked to play both. I'll get an online franchise going with my friends who I know play well and we'll battle it out for super bowls....

and I'll also create me a team and use offline franchise,I always do that.create a team full of my friends and go through 30 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You've nailed the problem people have online. You go on "taking a chance" your gonna get cheese. I played online all the time- my record and rank was 23-26 level 2 because I only played ranked games in search of sim guys, once a found a couple good ones, they each knew a couple of other simmers and we formed a 12 man league.

As for the Super Bowl, people wanted presentation offline so they feel like they won something at the bowl. Winning the online franchise is like winning your fantasy league-bragging rights over your all your league friends.
Like I said in my post above. You stick to people you know and seek out the players just like you. Your age range, similar life situation, etc. It's not that hard to find that. I NEVER play a random game online. I used to in NFL 2k5 and I found a lot of GREAT players actually. Good guys. I could care less about my online record.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #63
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

In the past few years, I've seen a few polls like this...on-line/off-line. And it kind of surprises me that on-line play hasn't taken off quite like I thought it wound have by now.

The three to four polls I've seen have had very similar results as this one. In the area of 2 to 1 in favor of off-line. I understand the time issues and cheesing problems...but these results still surprise me a little.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #64
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely offline. Online sounds great but it is just too much of a commitment. I constantly find there are times that I have to pause the game and return to it after a fairly lengthy period that would annoy the people I would be playing with. It really does sound good but I would never be able to pull it off with the wife, kids, dog, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »