Home

New E3 videos from Pastapadre

This is a discussion on New E3 videos from Pastapadre within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #185
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: New E3 videos from Pastapadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Boy does that BIG RED landing pad look terrible on the kickoff catch in the Seahawks-Broncos. They've gotta be kidding. Good Lord
Let it go bro...Its there...I know ya don't like it but maybe try to look past it..I'm not a fan of it but I'm trying to focus more on football related game elements and not visual oddities
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
They are still doing this #68 is trying to get to the second level and pick up the OLB, he's the only one that can cut him off. Notice the Tackle tries to block down on the DT and the WR attempts to block down on the DE. The thing is, it's not universal. It's only like that because you have tight twins and that WR is expected to pick up the DE. Me, I'm not sure I like the logic although I can see what is going on here. If that guard doesn't move to the second level that OLB does not get blocked. The Tackle is not going to be able to get to the 2nd level and cross his body and cut him off. So they have the guard move to level 2 and have the tackle block down on the DT. And the slot WR chip the DE.

To me the Center should big that out and he should double team with the guard to the LB depending on which side the DT takes or the side of the LB. The center is uncovered and could easily do that or take a blitzing LB and leave the 2nd level LB alone.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #187
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I personally think that the animations have gone as far as possible with the tech they use. The branching works yes, but the overall look of player movement is awkward and just looks stiff and unrealistic. Most noticeable while the QB drops back, moves in the pocket and throws.

I think nothing short of a new tech will make more fluid human looking animations.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #188
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Videos are great and after being so disappointed the last two years at the Madden product, I am really very optimistic that the game took a huge step forward this year.

If Robo QB is gone, the dive and sneak plays have been fixed, the only other thing is what has been mentioned on here several times and that is the pressure from the DL.

It looks like presentation has been enhanced and that their has been some depth added to franchise mode.

Looking forward to August!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow this game looks awesome..so many minor details have been added and the camera with the depth of field looks fantastic.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 20

The guy using the bears got skunked lol...

GO FALCONS!

NBA:Lakers

NFL: Falcons

NCAA: Ohio State
Old 06-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #191
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Let it go bro...Its there...I know ya don't like it but maybe try to look past it..I'm not a fan of it but I'm trying to focus more on football related game elements and not visual oddities
I didn't say it was a gamekiller, but visual oddities, as you put it, do matter. There is nothing wrong with me saying I don't like it.

We just had a whole thread of people saying they hated it. "Letting it go" is a bad idea and not what got us to this point of having them remove things we don't like (and some of them are far less significant than even this). If we had just "let it go", we'd be forced to have weapons on, and forced to have celebration squares on, and so forth because at one time last year--believe it or not--the Madden Team almost did just that; they were about to put both of those things in the game with no way to turn them off. Luckily, the communities didn't let it go and it got changed.

Let's not pacify, that's unproductive. Let's allow people to continue to voice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #192
Banned

OVR: 18

i thought pasta padre was going to put up some new movies this morning??????

he must be busy putting all of them together

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »