Home

Some very good news

This is a discussion on Some very good news within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Some very good news

One of my big concerns at CD and still was coming out of E3 was the pass rush, and I know LBz is in the same boat.

This from Ian's twitter-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings
@Workinonit24 E3 build had some random issues here and there - pass rush tuning being one of them. On my hot list for this week.
So... we lay that to rest, for now. Hopefully getting the coverage back to CD form is on there as well. Those two things, and maybe a bit more momentum if possible, and I think it's right where it needs to be for this season.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Some very good news

Man that is good news adem thanks bro. BUt I just hope Ian does not over tune it. I hope he just balance it correctly on both sides of the ball. But thanks for the info bro.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
One of my big concerns at CD and still was coming out of E3 was the pass rush, and I know LBz is in the same boat.

This from Ian's twitter-

So... we lay that to rest, for now. Hopefully getting the coverage back to CD form is on there as well. Those two things, and maybe a bit more momentum if possible, and I think it's right where it needs to be for this season.
Good news indeed!! Now let's get the coverage tweaked as well!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 31

Good to hear.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Sweet...that was my biggest concern from the E3 videos... everyone kept saying "it's on pro, it's on pro".

That and rush attempts being stuffed in the backfield too frequently... it seems they need to tone down the d-line AI in the run game and boost it on the pass defense. The defensive linebackers rarely rushed the passer in the videos too, instead they dropped into zone alot, often leaving 4 Dlineman v 5 Olineman... now i don't know if that was the AI playcalling or human 2nd player but it certainly inhibited the defenses pass rushing ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
Good to hear.
i can now sleep easy
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Man that is good news adem thanks bro. BUt I just hope Ian does not over tune it. I hope he just balance it correctly on both sides of the ball. But thanks for the info bro.
F that! I want him to over tune it. Then it'll be just right for me. I want 3 secs to seem like an eternity in the pocket. That's what I want.

BTW - I know the average NFL QB has 3 secs to throw the ball, but this game does not move at real life speed. It moves at Madden speed, which is faster, so the real life average time in the pocket doesn't apply here.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
F that! I want him to over tune it. Then it'll be just right for me. I want 3 secs to seem like an eternity in the pocket. That's what I want.

BTW - I know the average NFL QB has 3 secs to throw the ball, but this game does not move at real life speed. It moves at Madden speed, which is faster, so the real life average time in the pocket doesn't apply here.
... It doesn't move at Madden speed anymore. It moves at real life speed now Seriously, the game speed feels amazing. That's one thing I had ZERO complaints about at CD. It was perfect. You can't feel it in videos, you've gotta get your hands on it to appreciate how big a game changer it is.

There's a few of those. The pass speed is another one. The velocity of the ball is WAY down, and that makes a massive difference in the passing game. Timing is so much more important now.

But, I still agree with you. I'd rather they leave too little time than too much, as with the slower game speed and the natural birds-eye view of the field, zone defenses will be absolute cake to pick apart if you're not getting pressured.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »