Home

NFL or WNFL...that is the question?

This is a discussion on NFL or WNFL...that is the question? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NFL or WNFL...that is the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Guys, just let Jay complain. Nothing you say, show, or whatever is going to change his mind.

Trying to debate this is only going to lead to this thread getting out of control.

what debate??? this is being realistic

so you saying its good that D-Line get put on they butts in a video game football than my argument of either letting them hold they ground or having the O-line fall too

debate...lol thats funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #26
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I've gone through most of the available videos from Chase and PastaPadre. I counted each player on the ground, but did not count anything after the ball was thrown or after the ball carrier had gained 4 yards.

73 total plays, 26 players on the ground. That's one player going down every 2.8 plays. I'm not going to claim 100% perfect accuracy, I probably missed a few along the way, but it's damn close to that.

Splitting by difficulty level, I saw 27 All Pro plays with 4 players down and 46 Pro plays with 22 players down.

The Cowboys vs. Eagles videos specifically showed 31 plays with 13 players down.

I wont make any conclusion, take from it what you like.

PS: I didn't do all of them because I accidentally close my browser and lost track of where I was. There were maybe 2 or 3 more videos from Chase I hadn't seen yet. I wasn't going to start from scratch for 2 or 3 more videos.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I've gone through most of the available videos from Chase and PastaPadre. I counted each player on the ground, but did not count anything after the ball was thrown or after the ball carrier had gained 4 yards.

73 total plays, 26 players on the ground. That's one player going down every 2.8 plays. I'm not going to claim 100% perfect accuracy, I probably missed a few along the way, but it's damn close to that.

Splitting by difficulty level, I saw 27 All Pro plays with 4 players down and 46 Pro plays with 22 players down.

The Cowboys vs. Eagles videos specifically showed 31 plays with 13 players down.

I wont make any conclusion, take from it what you like.

PS: I didn't do all of them because I accidentally close my browser and lost track of where I was. There were maybe 2 or 3 more videos from Chase I hadn't seen yet. I wasn't going to start from scratch for 2 or 3 more videos.
yeah that too many for me especially when i know its within the first 3 seconds after a D-line engage and O-line. now if they trying multiple moves to get(swim, then club or bull rush then spin, etc...) past the O-line and falls it would look better and the mechanics would be alot more realistic.

i didnt think you had to count them but good looking out but hopefully this aspects in taken care of in the final build. like i said this falling D-line really get under my skin and its a real game killer.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #28
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
yeah that too many for me especially when i know its within the first 3 seconds after a D-line engage and O-line. now if they trying multiple moves to get(swim, then club or bull rush then spin, etc...) past the O-line and falls it would look better and the mechanics would be alot more realistic.

i didnt think you had to count them but good looking out but hopefully this aspects in taken care of in the final build. like i said this falling D-line really get under my skin and its a real game killer.
I did count the ones where a move is being made and the offensive lineman simply uses the guy's momentum against him.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I did count the ones where a move is being made and the offensive lineman simply uses the guy's momentum against him.
yeah i figured that. there was some falls that occured after a D-line try a move and thats still unrealistic to me unless in bad weather conditions. IRL d-line do spins and swims all the time and still be standing on the feet

thats why i said multiple moves should implement some type of penalty like falling cause only few player got the footwork to accomplish that. or make the O-line fall too and it would balance the OL/DL interaction. right now from e3 the advantage goes to the offensive line.

hopefully IAN read this thread and i mention it in his WHEW....blah blah thread so i hope he reads and understand where im coming from
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #30
Rookie

John Abraham hits the ground on practically every play because he's trying to go under the Tackle on a speed rush. OL don't fall nearly as often unless they are caught on their heels.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
John Abraham hits the ground on practically every play because he's trying to go under the Tackle on a speed rush. OL don't fall nearly as often unless they are caught on their heels.

lol..john abraham..whoo

that man led his team in sacks last year with 16 and closest person next to him is has 4 sacks. falling is good i guess huh?

in madden do you get sacks falling while the QB is still in the pocket? i answer it for you. NO WAY JOSE'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

JHova, please don't let them get to you. Some members don't take kindly to criticisms or knowledgeable insights into their beloved game. Madden 10, EA and Ian are promising the world and despite their sterling efforts are still falling short on the very basics of the NFL whilst the ridiculously high posts on the forums are complaining about cleats and uniforms. Glad there are some that care about the real realism in this game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »