Home

Coverage Issues That Must Be Resolved (Video)

This is a discussion on Coverage Issues That Must Be Resolved (Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Coverage Issues That Must Be Resolved (Video)

Let me reiterate this point. I don't have the same passion toward this that Apex has, probably never will. Im also not the first guy to make a video like his. Within 20 minutes of my video I had some internet gangster talking garbage in my video.

Im sure I will make another video or two, maybe even post for the next month or so. If I rent 2010 and see it the same issues, I will simply go back to APF or 2k5.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
, somebody approved this game to be printed and sold to consumers, knowing the problems it had..
this...if Madden was my job, and this was my product, i would be embarassed and ashamed of myself. How can you let your own work turn out to be this broken? it seems as if the bottom line on the profit sheet has taken precedence over pride in their work
hopefully this year will be much better..but the more "fluff" im being fed, the less hope i hold for decent gameplay

Last edited by tooldude79; 06-06-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #19
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Let me reiterate this point. I don't have the same passion toward this that Apex has, probably never will. Im also not the first guy to make a video like his. Within 20 minutes of my video I had some internet gangster talking garbage in my video.

Im sure I will make another video or two, maybe even post for the next month or so. If I rent 2010 and see it the same issues, I will simply go back to APF or 2k5.
Of course you're not Apex, but Apex encouraged you to come here. Although Apex rarely post here, he always pushed for features in the game such as a play editor, combination of Madden 10 and Madden 2004 juke moves, etc. No one is expecting you to be someone else just because you posted a video about an issue in the game, lol.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #20
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Good video. I got a good laugh at the end with the "safety" commentary.

I will say this. I trust that the EA crew is doing everything in their ability and with all the resources available to make the best football game they can make. They spend 1000's of hours, millions of dollars and I would guess they love the game as much as we do. THIS IS NOT EASY to do. In the end I think people need to realize that this is just a game. I honestly can't think of 5 other products that receive as much scrutiny as the Madden NFL franchise.

Fight Night - 2 players and small crowd
NBA (both games) - 10 players and medium size crowd
NHL (both games) - 12 players and medium size crowd
Baseball - 10-13 and medium size crowd

Madden - 22 players (now with refs) and the largest crowd and stadiums of all the games. By sheer numbers this, IMO, seems like it would be the most difficult of all the games to make.

Add the bigger roster to deal with than the other games. More motion on the field than the other games. And last of all, the biggest FAN BASE of all the games. (more people to please)

I enjoy Madden football more every year. I can't speak for everyone else, that's just me. I play with the Lions in Offline franchise and get through 15-20 seasons. I play it year round and it never gets boring. I take the issues that the game has, with a grain of salt and try to make the best out of it. (it's just a video game, 1/2 days pay $60)

Sometime I wish I had the passion for perfection like some of you here.................but most of the time I'm glad I don't................
Old 06-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #21
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
Good video. I got a good laugh at the end with the "safety" commentary.

I will say this. I trust that the EA crew is doing everything in their ability and with all the resources available to make the best football game they can make. They spend 1000's of hours, millions of dollars and I would guess they love the game as much as we do. THIS IS NOT EASY to do. In the end I think people need to realize that this is just a game. I honestly can't think of 5 other products that receive as much scrutiny as the Madden NFL franchise.

Madden - 22 players (now with refs) and the largest crowd and stadiums of all the games. By sheer numbers this, IMO, seems like it would be the most difficult of all the games to make.

Add the bigger roster to deal with than the other games. More motion on the field than the other games. And last of all, the biggest FAN BASE of all the games. (more people to please)

I enjoy Madden football more every year. I can't speak for everyone else, that's just me. I play with the Lions in Offline franchise and get through 15-20 seasons. I play it year round and it never gets boring. I take the issues that the game has, with a grain of salt and try to make the best out of it. (it's just a video game, 1/2 days pay $60)

Sometime I wish I had the passion for perfection like some of you here.................but most of the time I'm glad I don't................
Well said. That's something that I wanted to say.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23

you conveniently left out Fifa...22 players, larger crowds, refs, and 10x better gameplay
Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 15

haha that video was absolutely terrible
Old 06-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
you conveniently left out Fifa...22 players, larger crowds, refs, and 10x better gameplay
I've never played Fifa so I would not speak on it's behalf.

But I know soccer (or futbol) and the action on the field is NO WHERE near the action on a Football field. Comparing the action of a football game and a soccer game is apples and oranges. Yea there is the same amount of players on the field but can you really, honestly say there is as much ACTION that the developers and programmers have to deal with. IMO, Football would be far more difficult to program than "futbol".

As far as the "10x better gameplay", that is purely subjective on your part. Operation sports is overflowing with subjectivity.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »