Home

Your favorite franchise mode

This is a discussion on Your favorite franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Your favorite franchise mode

With everyone going crazy and debating whether or not Madden 10 will be great, bad, what's missing etc. I decided to slow it down a bit and have some fun and give our brains a rest. Just like the title says. Whats your favorite year of Madden's franchise mode and why?. Current or last gen.

Also maybe you could include your favorite moment of said franchise.

Mine would have to be Madden 05. Just the progression of players was so fine tuned, i loved it to much, for example.

Peyton Manning went down for the year in week one of the season, in steps Jim Sorgi and we all know how low his overall rating is when the game first ships. He goes on to have an exceptional year with the receivers he has to work with. Over 4000 yards and 20 TD's. Next season i look at his stats, he's amazingly a FA, i'm assuming he requested his release so he could be a starter. He has a 95 OVERAL RATING. He gets signed to a team and becomes a pro bowl starter. Now that's exactly how it would have been in real life, I don't know if the Madden guys would've given him a 95 overal rating in the game the year after, but he would have gotten a considerable boost.

This just floored me, which is why i still play Madden 05 to this day. What would be your favorite franchise moment and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Your favorite franchise mode

Best Franchise mode for Madden was 2004, because that's the last year the stat gen was tolerable. I started playing on PC after 2005 because we had tools that would fix issues like that... so, if I'm permitted to use third party add-ons to judge, Madden 2009 PC (ie. 2008 + Football Freaks community update) + Gommo's MaddenAmp + Nza's Madden Editor.

However, NFL Head Coach, which used the Madden 08 game engine, so I'm gonna go ahead and stick it in the conversation, is the greatest franchise mode in console history in any sport.

My favorite moment in a franchise mode?

In 2003, I was part of a 4-user multiplayer franchise we had run from 1999 to about 2004 when we all went our separate ways. That year, we all took teams from the NFC Central... I was the Bears, the other users took Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Detroit.

First year, Detroit won the Superbowl and I went 8-8. Year two, Tampa Bay won the championship and I went 10-6... year three, with everyone laughing at me because I was the dog**** team among us, I went 15-1, losing only to Tampa Bay, who I got my revenge upon by beating in the NFC Championship en route to my first Superbowl title. It was a Madden generated rookie HB who was 245 pounds that made my offense good enough, but it was the defense that did it. Adding Peppers to the '03 Bears front 7 allowed me to field a defense that gave up an average of 8 points a game.

Funny thing is, the next year I traded that rookie to Tampa for Warren Sapp. I repeated. The back never progressed beyond his 76 rookie rating.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-06-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Hands down 05 was the best franchise ever on xbox. Team newspapers(appropriately named after the actual city newspaper),the Tony Bruno show,player morales,it was awesome.

Best franchise moment: in 05 I made a team and created alot of family members for the squad.i made my dad a DE,and he was the best DE on the game.I put them in the franchise and they beat me twice in the season and beat me in the conference final....I was sooo pissed yet proud of the fact that they were a thorn in my side and a chance for the AI to beat me...lol
Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Madden 05 was the best franchise mode.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Best franchise mode I like was the ps2 madden 07 version. I think that was the best one I ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Madden 05 = best franchise (and best madden for its time in my opinion). The radio show on the main menu was awesome, the newspaper was awesome, controlling prices was awesome, and mini camp was AWESOME! I remember, at each home game, at the kickoff, I would zoom out and just see how many fans were in the stands and I would adjust my seating prices so. I also remember, in my franchise, a CPU team was going 15-0 and they actually talked about it on the radio show, seeing if the team would actually go 16-0.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
With everyone going crazy and debating whether or not Madden 10 will be great, bad, what's missing etc. I decided to slow it down a bit and have some fun and give our brains a rest. Just like the title says. Whats your favorite year of Madden's franchise mode and why?. Current or last gen.

Also maybe you could include your favorite moment of said franchise.

Mine would have to be Madden 05. Just the progression of players was so fine tuned, i loved it to much, for example.

Peyton Manning went down for the year in week one of the season, in steps Jim Sorgi and we all know how low his overall rating is when the game first ships. He goes on to have an exceptional year with the receivers he has to work with. Over 4000 yards and 20 TD's. Next season i look at his stats, he's amazingly a FA, i'm assuming he requested his release so he could be a starter. He has a 95 OVERAL RATING. He gets signed to a team and becomes a pro bowl starter. Now that's exactly how it would have been in real life, I don't know if the Madden guys would've given him a 95 overal rating in the game the year after, but he would have gotten a considerable boost.

This just floored me, which is why i still play Madden 05 to this day. What would be your favorite franchise moment and why?
'05, for all the reasons you say. Just fantastic. No AI problems, great interface, things like Bruno, the newspaper, etc. Truly enjoyable to play year after year.

'10 looks good, but I'm still not sure it's reached '05 standards.

'10 graphics and gameplay + '05 franchise= amazing experience.

One thing I did was create realistic rookies. I made names, back stories, and had their appearances and ratings memorized. I have an xcel file with like 140 of them stored. There was no "create-a-prospect" feature like in NCAA, so I'd create them in the off-season and have teams sign them during free agency, like a secondary draft. If they didn't take a guy, I'd sign him, and trade him to another team for their worst player, who I'd release. It was a great to keep the AI competitive and the experience refreshing.

Last edited by J Masta J; 06-07-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Madden 2005! The best franchise mode, the best game overall in Madden history!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »