Home

apexisfree discusses the running physics in madden 10 with madden 04 as well.

This is a discussion on apexisfree discusses the running physics in madden 10 with madden 04 as well. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: apexisfree discusses the running physics in madden 10 with madden 04 as well.

I totally agreed and felt this way since madden 08 which was awful IMO.I will admit that madden has made strides since their first release on next gen consoles in 06, but these are one of the key aspects they NEED to fix before release even with all the great additions they have already made so far. Apex brought up a good point that me and my brother talked about a year ago "Their dumbing the game down" hence their slowly spoon feeding the mechanics of the gm year by year. Look how long it took get to get some of those basic features that were on current gen (defensive assignments, man lock, and etc. finally on next gen (5 years). It was the same process with the transition from PS to PS2 with madden until 04 where the game introduced the quick speed burst juke and playmaker which opened the game up. Honestly the game just isn't as responsive compared to PS2 madden for some reason IMO. Not sure if the running animations/gm (i.e. judo stiff arm lol) will be right compared to PS2 versions especiallly with the change of controller configurations. Although I think they said they might offer current gen controller configurations in 10. Watch in 2013-14 there's gonna be a new console and it's gonna be this same process all over again. lmao
Old 06-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #34
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: apexisfree discusses the running physics in madden 10 with madden 04 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
What i don't get is there is game for 10 bucks(APF 2K8) that beats Madden in every way imagineable and yet people still complain about Madden and don't even give this game a shot.
It's simple, the game title doesn't have the word Madden in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
If this board is any indication at all they would rather have colored cleats and facemasks first and real football second.
I've noticed this as well.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
He is 100% correct. It is frustrating that all of these animations and physics are perfect on the PS2, so I don't know why they can't just go look at the PS2 game and get it as close as they can?
It's sad to say, but it's a different console. Is it a viable excuse who knows? Were not the game developers making Madden and know all technical difficulities they face in the process. Also EA does have to produce a game every year. Fight Night is a great example of a fresh start and looking to be a great game from the demo. However they don't have to produce a game every year though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchOfThePigs
you don't even see that **** when you're actually playing, only in replays!

you can nitpick every sports game ever in regard to realism. the true question is whether or not the game is enjoyable. madden 10 looks awesome and EA has listened to a lot of what was asked for.
Actual you can see it. The first thing I notice when I got madden for next gen was how stiff everybody was at first glance compared to natural/realistic movements of players in PS2. You brought up a good point though in the end if the game is enjoyable you can live with the minute bugs.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Chill out man. Apex is just saying that the running physics were correct in M04 and is frustrated that they have regressed in M10. What's wrong with that? It's like watching HDTV in black and white.
+1 great analogy
Old 06-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #38
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree with the points he was making about the running animations being bad and the missing jukes, they should be better, but in the end they don't kill the game for me.

What does kill the game for me though are things like in the last vid with the pass to Cooley. Cooley is running across the field to the right, catches the ball behind him after doing a slight jump and mid animation as he hits the ground he's instantly accelerating the opposite direction. There's no momentum to the 180 degree change in direction. No planting of feet and then going.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I don't know why but I find this annoying.
+1

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 06-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Apex is wrong when talking about the NFL exclusivity license in the last few minutes of that last video. I'm sure the NFL wanted an official/exclusive video game to represent them just as they have an official sports drink, gear, etc. You can't say that EA Sports is evil because of that. Just as much blame should go toward the NFL rather than just at EA Sports. The issues that Apex pointed out in that last video are not enough to force people to return the game back to Gamestop. The Madden team has worked very hard and still are, but they deserve credit for their work. Hopefully more things are tuned/fixed before the game goes gold.
+2

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »