Home

Extra Point Franchise Show: Would this do for now?

This is a discussion on Extra Point Franchise Show: Would this do for now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Pics or Video?
Yes, pics of in-game action from each game would be good for now 92 60.93%
No, I only want video 59 39.07%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #49
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Extra Point Franchise Show: Would this do for now?

I think what we have for now is good. They will add alot more to the presention next year. This the first year for presention. It might not be great in it's first year. But it is a start. Ian and his crew will get it done better for next year.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #50
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Minus the halftime report not having any audio commentary, I'm pretty happy with the presentation this year. I would be ok with having pictures for now.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #51
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I think what we have for now is good. They will add alot more to the presention next year. This the first year for presention. It might not be great in it's first year. But it is a start. Ian and his crew will get it done better for next year.
We're not talking about next year! The EXTRA POINT should be greatly improved by then! We're talking about DLC, not Madden 11!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #52
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Any pics or videos of cpu vs cpu simmed games will just be made up and not actually real so I do not see why this is such a big deal to people.
Dude the whole thing is made up... it's a video game.

Having "made up" video highlights that we could pretend were "real" (like we do with the whole game) would do that much more for immersion.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #53
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Not gonna happen. I think as an overall game that Madden 10 has surpassed NFL 2K5, but it will certainly continue to be mentioned until Madden completely surpasses it in every conceivable way. Too many fans of that game(including me) for it to disappear this year. Now I wait for someone to spin my words into me hating on Madden.
ESPN NFL 2k5 was a great game, but Madden 10 has already surpassed it in the presentation department. All we need is commentary during the highlights added to the halftime show through DLC, which will make it solid.
Note: ESPN NFL 2k5's halftime show is still better, but overall, Madden 10's presentation will be the winner if this is added.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #54
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Dude the whole thing is made up... it's a video game.

Having "made up" video highlights that we could pretend were "real" (like we do with the whole game) would do that much more for immersion.
He might be questioning the stats to backup the "made up" video highlights. If not, you're absolutely right.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
ESPN NFL 2k5 was a great game, but Madden 10 has already surpassed it in the presentation department. All we need is commentary during the highlights added to the halftime show through DLC, which will make it solid.
Note: ESPN NFL 2k5's halftime show is still better, but overall, Madden 10's presentation will be the winner if this is added.
To me it has been surpassed everywhere but presentation. Madden is finally on the same level, but not past it IMO. There are a ton of little things with 2K5's presentation that add up that Madden still doesn't do yet. Still happy with what all we got in one year.

Last edited by thmst30; 06-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
To me it has been surpassed everywhere but presentation. Madden is finally on the same level, but not past it IMO. There are a ton of little things with 2K5's presentation that add up that Madden still doesn't do yet. Still happy with what all we got in one year.

Agreed, I do feel like Madden is on NFL2K5's level, but if Ian and the devs want to put this to rest now, they should go ahead and add highlights in Franchise mode, and play by play commentary during the highlights in the halfime/end of game show for Madden10 either before the game is released or through DLC. Ian, please add this in Madden10, don't wait till Madden11, there will be many other things you can expand on for Madden11 instead of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »