Home

The 12th Man

This is a discussion on The 12th Man within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: The 12th Man

Am I the only one that noticed the crowd screaming "DEFENSE!!....DEFENSE!!....DEFENSE!!...." in some of the game play videos? I am going to have to find one to show you guys...

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

I am hoping upon hope that Ian and company have at the very least made the crowd MUCH more loud and exciting then it has been in the past. This is huge for immersion and it needs to be in this years Madden. It would be so gratifying to be the home team and have the crowd going crazy in your favor.

On a good note Ian did say on his Twitter that there are some "stadium specific" chants.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Am I the only one that noticed the crowd screaming "DEFENSE!!....DEFENSE!!....DEFENSE!!...." in some of the game play videos? I am going to have to find one to show you guys...
Im hoping alot of specific crowd chants like this are in Madden10. (Another aspect I loved in that one NFL2K game). I wonder will specific stadium noises and chants will be put in Madden10, I wouldn't mind seeing a blog about the audio presentation, presenation in general.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Thats the one thing that we havent heard about coming from E3..the crowd noise.no one has mentioned if it has gotten louder etc..that worries me a bit...
A couple people said E3 is not the environment where you can notice the crowd noise. At E3 it's noise all around you and it's really hard to get a sense of how the crowd can be in a game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #29
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
I heard the Defense chant too in a recent vid. It was pretty intense sounding.

It would also be cool to hear some comments from the crowd. In NFL2k5, let's say if you were playing as the Chargers, you'd hear random comments like, "come on Chargers! you can do it!" Or once in a while you'd hear them ripping on their team if they're doing bad. It would be cool if Madden could get stuff like this in.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 18

crowds and homefield advantage have never been done well imo. its cool to be able to pump up the crowd but madden would need to come up with a new idea instead of recycling the confidence/home field advantage from ncaa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »