Home

Madden 11 Passing Game Troubles

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Passing Game Troubles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Madden 11 Passing Game Troubles

So I'm in my last game of the season, playing the Redskins (I'm the Giants), and going for a 15-1 record. Yeah, I know, a bit unrealistic. Bradshaw has about 1700 yards rushing and Justin Tuck broke the record with 27 sacks and counting (if I want an effective pass rush, Tuck ends up going over the top).

The one problem I have is Eli. He's got good ratings, as do his receivers, but he's around 27 interceptions and a 50% completion percentage. I find that unless I run a TE post route or a something in the flats or straight across the field, I have no chance of completing a pass. Forget anything that goes towards the outside. Wanna run a quick out route? The DB will jump on that every single time. No matter what, I can't run a corner or out or even streak route because the DB is always one step ahead of the WR, even if the WR is faster. Can someone explain why I can't get any space for my receivers, and maybe offer some help for how I could pass with more than three different types of routes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 11 Passing Game Troubles

wow...ummm, that doesn't even sound fun. is it? to score 50 points a game and never lose?

turn the difficulty to all-madden or all-pro, then look up playmakers sliders (or someone elses) on this site.

NOOOWWW play..you'll be happy to barely win 10-11 games, have a qb rating of 90...etc.

it will make it incredibly realistic.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
So I'm in my last game of the season, playing the Redskins (I'm the Giants), and going for a 15-1 record. Yeah, I know, a bit unrealistic. Bradshaw has about 1700 yards rushing and Justin Tuck broke the record with 27 sacks and counting (if I want an effective pass rush, Tuck ends up going over the top).

The one problem I have is Eli. He's got good ratings, as do his receivers, but he's around 27 interceptions and a 50% completion percentage. I find that unless I run a TE post route or a something in the flats or straight across the field, I have no chance of completing a pass. Forget anything that goes towards the outside. Wanna run a quick out route? The DB will jump on that every single time. No matter what, I can't run a corner or out or even streak route because the DB is always one step ahead of the WR, even if the WR is faster. Can someone explain why I can't get any space for my receivers, and maybe offer some help for how I could pass with more than three different types of routes?
You may be watching receivers instead of reading the defense and have success with so few routes, because you're simply more comfortable with them or aren't timing the ones you want to use... Each is correctable.

Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself:

- How many steps sis the QB taking on his drop?
- Which defender are you looking to attack?
- When you drop back, what specifically are you looking at?
- When you throw your passes, are you throwing with the right trajectory/velocity to complete the pass you are intending to complete?

Ask yourself these questions often as they will tell you what to improve your passing game. If you get some specifics, feel free to ask.

Later
Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

You have to go outside your "comfort zone". Try some of the Plays where the
TE runs a quik hook ( he will take a couple steps off the line and turn around - nobody can get in front of him that fast so its usually successfull)throw the ball hard and quikly as soon as qb has completed his drop. Also use the flanker screen & Wr screens. These are qwik hits that amount to positive yards and can be really effective if ur run is stuffed temporarily.
Run some plays with a go route on one side of the formation-have a primary receiver underneath or on medium route but as the ball is snapped and Qb is dropping back, watch the safety on the go route side-if he does NOT move to help on the deep go, u have 1 on 1 Lead the receiver deep and put some air under it - usualky works. If the safety on the deep route side DOES help the corner on the deep ball, throw underneath to the side the safety vacated.
Its all about a rhythm - snap/Read(while qb drops)/Throw(When Qb sets his feet), just like what u see an actual Qb do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »