Home

Can he become a Superstar?

This is a discussion on Can he become a Superstar? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Can he become a Superstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I'm not so much caring about how often you could turn a player rated like that into a player rated in the 80-90 range. I just want to know if it's POSSIBLE. If it's not possible, then I would say it is a 'flaw' in the game.

Totally understand if it's really rare, but id be shattered if you can't get a player rated that low and see if he becomes something good.
Bottom line...it should be possible...if he plays amazingly, you train him, whatver, it should be attainable. If not, then yes, the progression system needs to be reworked.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its definitely possible i mean thats what potential and the blog about possible +10's are telling me i think it would be uncommon but it could very well happen just not every player
Old 06-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

if the cpu is controlling all teams in a franchise and they arent training players specifically, there should probably still be at least 1 player a year (in the league)that jumps from obscurity to a pretty decent rating. It would be hard to come up with some logic for that however. What would the criteria be? Be a backup QB? Get a shot because of injury? Be an Undrafted free agent?

I think poeple want franchise to mirror the actual NFL too much though, and that this might not happen. If someone is in year 2 of their franchise in september and notice some former scrub is now actually pretty good, but he still sucks in actual real life then that person will probably be like 'wtf is with this game why is this guy so good? this sux"

There is too big of a need to have a connection to the actual NFL season, to put stuff like this into franchise imho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

They say you can edit ratings in Franchise.I know it's a manipulation of the game but it is a tool that can make your ratings what you think they should be.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
They say you can edit ratings in Franchise.I know it's a manipulation of the game but it is a tool that can make your ratings what you think they should be.
I know its a cliché but its not the same... its not the same
Old 06-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15

yeah im saying that id like for it to not be up to me, because I think it would be cool to see some dude break out in a franchise ala Matt Cassel, Devin Hester (kick returner), Brett Farve, and the countless number of people that became stars when they got their shot due to injury.

The randomness is what I would like the most, plus it would make everyones franchise's even more different.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Personally I think being a starter should result in a big jump if they play solid.

If you go through every starting QB I bet the avg rating through the league would be about 80.

So If I start someone like Brennan or JDB for 2-3 seasons id expect them to AT LEAST be low 70s if they go decent, perhaps 80s if they go phenomenal.

I was hoping for a response by an EA person, but they would be busy as right now, so fair enough, hope we get something in the near future though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 12

After this season and in 2011 Colt brennan will be around an 80 rating. Mark it down!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »