Home

Can he become a Superstar?

This is a discussion on Can he become a Superstar? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Can he become a Superstar?

Ok, so some player ratings are being released and I'm sure we've all noticed the stretch in the ratings for Madden 10.

This has probably been asked a thousand times, including a few times by myself and i'm sure it will be answered in due time, but I thought id make a thread and see if it goes anywhere, or to gain peoples thoughts..

So looking at some of the ratings, here are a few for example;

Colt Brennan - 49
John David Booty - 48
Caleb Hanie - 45

Is there any chance at all of starting them in franchise and them being able to progress to the 80's or even 90's overall?

Once again it probably comes back to potential, but id like to see a player rated like this be able to sky rocket to the top if they and the team go exceptionally well.

Do you think lowly rated players like the above should be able to turn in to superstars? Or are they doomed from the start and basically no hope and should be cut immediately?

I hope it's possible for me to take someone like JDB in my franchise and turn him into a top 10 QB.

Can't wait for progression to be explained in detail by EA if ever, but it's one of the topics I'm most interested in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Can he become a Superstar?

It will come down to their potential rating. This is one of the reasons I am in favor of a system that initially shows ranges for players current ratings and potential with those ranges starting out really large pre draft and shrinking as you scout players and then draft them and they play for your team. I personally feel current ratings shouldn't be completely known until a player has been with the team a few years (3 if they are starting, more if they aren't) and potential ratings should be zeroed in on even slower and probably not known for sure until like the player's 6th or 7th year when that potential is reached. Of course, by draft time you would have some idea of talent level and by the start of the first season you might know whether it is worth giving the guy a chance but you wouldn't know for sure until you played him a while leaving room for actual ryan leaf/tim couch situations as well as actual tom brady situations
Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
MVP

berad88's Arena

I think it is very very doubtful that anybody starting out with a rating that low will become a superstar at anything other than serving Gatorade to the real superstars.

If it is possible for somebody rated that low to become a superstar it should be very very very extremely rare.

I would not say cut them immediately. Let them hang around if you need depth Just don't plan your team around the hopes of them one day being a full time starter.

Last edited by berad88; 06-08-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

If we get mini camp back then we could mold them into superstars. Otherwise I think they are a lost cause.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I think it is very very doubtful that anybody starting out with a rating that low will become a superstar at anything other than serving Gatorade to the real superstars.

If it is possible for somebody rated that low to become a superstar it should be very very very extremely rare.

I would not say cut them immediately. Let them hang around if you need depth Just don't plan your team around the hopes of them one day being a full time starter.
If so, that's a flaw in the game. The system should be designed so Brady's, Cassell's, and Warner's can happen.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

im going to have to say no. I base this on the ratings for the incoming rookies (real life)
Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
MVP

berad88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
If so, that's a flaw in the game. The system should be designed so Brady's, Cassell's, and Warner's can happen.
I agree about the brady's cassell's and warners but I disagree about it being a flaw in the game. That is why I said it should be very very extremely rare if it can happen.

Just think about it. If you could mold any nobody into a somebody then everybody is eventually going to be rated in the 80s and 90s. I do not think that anybody wants that so it needs to be extremely rare.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
Pro

I'm not so much caring about how often you could turn a player rated like that into a player rated in the 80-90 range. I just want to know if it's POSSIBLE. If it's not possible, then I would say it is a 'flaw' in the game.

Totally understand if it's really rare, but id be shattered if you can't get a player rated that low and see if he becomes something good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »