Home

Will bad QBs make bad decisions?

This is a discussion on Will bad QBs make bad decisions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Will bad QBs make bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
You have read the million posts about ROBO QB then?

It has been brought up basically since 09 came out.

They said they have addressed it.....

A TON of times.....
Robo QB and the QB making bad decisions are seperate questions.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yes bro this stuff has been addressed. You could see it in some of these videos.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

I think everyone made it known that they wanted the QB play to be much MORE realistic and that it was VERY important.

My understanding is that through QB AWR, and the NEW THA, short, med, long, that QB is supposed to be MUCH more true to life. There is also throw on the run rating and a play action rating.

Now UNLESS, the EA crew didn't understand that everyone wanted it more realistic, which I think they did, OR don't know how to do that correctly, which I think they do THIS year, THEN it should be as true to life as they can make it.

I agree, obviously, like everyone else, that the QB play last year by the CPU was pretty lame.

But to say they never threw to covered receivers isn't exactly accurate, IMO. I didn't have to bad of a time getting INTs from the CPU last year. Hell some games I would still get 5 or 6 picks BUT the problem was the QB would STILL have 75% completion with over 25 pass attempts.

There is no way of getting an INT unless the QB throw into coverage.

I think the problem last year was there weren't enough inaccurate passes. They threw to the correct receiver most of the time BUT never over or under threw it. My understanding this year is that if a D-line is near enough to the QB he will through a very inaccurate ball this year. Hopefully, that will help. The throw in the run rating should also play into inaccurate throws.

I do think the threw into coverage often enough for me to get a realistic enough amount of INT's last year. If they have the QB throw into coverage more then then DBs had better not come up with the ball more or you will see 20 picks in a season by one guy often.

My main point is though that I think Ian company understand what we want from the QB position well enough this year. Hopefully, it was address well enough but until Aug. 14th it is hard to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by treee
In madden 2009, they Quarterback almost never ever threw to a WR who was covered. Bad QBs still had 80% completion sometimes. It made being a CB not fun anymore because balls were never thrown my way. Will the QB make bad decisions in this years madden? I think duck passes will help increase the interception number but if they occasionally make a bad decision it will be more reflective of real life.
Only when I am controlling them.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 AM   #13
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Well the quarterbacks in 09 were way to accurate but they did throw some bad passes because I did deflect passes and I did get interceptions so I am sure they will continue to make bad decisions.

In Madden 10 the quarterbacks are less accurate and have different accuracy ratings for different distances that they throw so you should notice a more realistic difference than the super high accurate quarterbacks of 09.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 AM   #14
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Noone here will know the answer to this until they get to sit down with it and test it for a good while, you can read or watch all the videos you want but those never give you the answer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »