Home

Theres A Learning Curve In The NFL

This is a discussion on Theres A Learning Curve In The NFL within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
Theres A Learning Curve In The NFL

not sure if this idea has been brought up before.

since we've been talking realism.
well how about for example your in the middle of a season and sign a qb you shouldnt be able to sign him and start him all in the same week he should have to learn the playbook first as the weeks go on he learns more and more about the playbook and eventually gets the full playbook at his disposal.

so lets say you do decide to start him the week or the next week after you sign him you should only have certain plays that can be ran until as stated above he learns the playbook. also when it comes to trading for players this effects them to of course, now you might say you want the full playbook well then you should start another qb that has been there long enough to know it of course this applies to all positions.

i could go more into detail but im sure you guys know where im getting at.

thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Theres A Learning Curve In The NFL

Thats actually a really good idea, bro. Now unfortunately I only believe it will be in Madden 11, that is if Ian and crew are still on next year. Which I'm hoping for. You could call this feature Team System Recognition or something like that.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

These feature was already in headcoach if you call it a feature. Its just called Playbook knowledge.

Like a tampa system MLB could go to another team without losing much play knowledge.

Whilst a west coast QB going to a spread system would have little or no play knowledge.

And rookies have little play knowledge as well. YOu needed to rep plays in order to learn them. (like it supersimmed the reps).

If they really wanted to, this could be in M11 franchise. But I don't anticipate it. There are bigger and better things to do.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
These feature was already in headcoach if you call it a feature. Its just called Playbook knowledge.

Like a tampa system MLB could go to another team without losing much play knowledge.

Whilst a west coast QB going to a spread system would have little or no play knowledge.

And rookies have little play knowledge as well. YOu needed to rep plays in order to learn them. (like it supersimmed the reps).

If they really wanted to, this could be in M11 franchise. But I don't anticipate it. There are bigger and better things to do.
Didnt we have a thread just yesterday asking about awareness drop for learning the new positions after changing them and then the few who know the truth brought up HC and its playbook learning system?

Again...Head Coach has many features that were the way to go(or at least the start of the right direction) and it baffles me why they did not make it. They may release new info that says otherwise but currently nearly 95% of HC did not make it.(really that is a random number but anyone who has seen the content of HC would understand it...)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Didnt we have a thread just yesterday asking about awareness drop for learning the new positions after changing them and then the few who know the truth brought up HC and its playbook learning system?

Again...Head Coach has many features that were the way to go(or at least the start of the right direction) and it baffles me why they did not make it. They may release new info that says otherwise but currently nearly 95% of HC did not make it.(really that is a random number but anyone who has seen the content of HC would understand it...)
Some of the features were simply not fun. They were sim but not fun at all.

Sure learning weekly plays and setting reps made sense, but it really was not fun after a while. IMO, HC was a really good sim game, but was not that fun imo. It was fun rebuilding the Raiders into Champions in a few seasons.

THe playbook knowledge and system elements of HC was fun. But training a player to learn plays, schemes, individually was not fun. IMO.

Getting all those skills for coaches became to cumbersome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Some of the features were simply not fun. They were sim but not fun at all.

Sure learning weekly plays and setting reps made sense, but it really was not fun after a while. IMO, HC was a really good sim game, but was not that fun imo. It was fun rebuilding the Raiders into Champions in a few seasons.

THe playbook knowledge and system elements of HC was fun. But training a player to learn plays, schemes, individually was not fun. IMO.

Getting all those skills for coaches became to cumbersome.
although i thought it was fun, the reason it wont make madden is because the mainstream wont like it
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillNyeTheScienceGuy
although i thought it was fun, the reason it wont make madden is because the mainstream wont like it
Agreed.

Some elements will be copied. But the core mechanics of HC don't seem marketable to any large audience.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
not sure if this idea has been brought up before.

since we've been talking realism.
well how about for example your in the middle of a season and sign a qb you shouldnt be able to sign him and start him all in the same week he should have to learn the playbook first as the weeks go on he learns more and more about the playbook and eventually gets the full playbook at his disposal.

so lets say you do decide to start him the week or the next week after you sign him you should only have certain plays that can be ran until as stated above he learns the playbook. also when it comes to trading for players this effects them to of course, now you might say you want the full playbook well then you should start another qb that has been there long enough to know it of course this applies to all positions.

i could go more into detail but im sure you guys know where im getting at.

thoughts?
I think hardcore franchise guys like ourselves would love something like this but EA wouldn't put it in because the casual guys would hate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »