Home

Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

This is a discussion on Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #33
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Sim Madden Will NEVER Exist Until You Cant Read Man/Zone Presnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm actually hoping for this. EA needs major incentive to dedicate time implementing tiered defensive play calling.
Not to say that tiered defensive play calling is not necessary, but I just don't think that what's being discussed will be nearly enough incentive to implement it. When the devs are talking about how they would have re-write everything to get this into the game, I just don't think the time will be invested into something that the majority of the masses will click right through. Myself as example, though I'm an avid 2K5 player, it wasn't until recently that I started taking the time to mix up my fronts, stunts, and what have you. Years ago, I like many of the masses, immediately clicked A (or X) for the base front and selected my play accordingly.

We'll disagree here obviously but if they have to re-write mass code in the way that Ian has implied in the past, I'm not sure I want the dev time spent on the implementation of this.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yeah, but this has all to do with coverage and not being able to shade If you could shade you could deal with these formations a lot better IMO because you could bracket in and support with the Safety over the top. But since you can't shade you will be opened to some big issues. These two formations consists of one of the reasons why I wanted more jostling.
You're right new formations won't have any impact if coverage still sucks so what is the point. I have a feeling Motioned slants to the outside will be a factor in closed shotgun formations it takes away jostling and could possibly not be bumped.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Not to say that tiered defensive play calling is not necessary, but I just don't think that what's being discussed will be nearly enough incentive to implement it. When the devs are talking about how they would have re-write everything to get this into the game, I just don't think the time will be invested into something that the majority of the masses will click right through. Myself as example, though I'm an avid 2K5 player, it wasn't until recently that I started taking the time to mix up my fronts, stunts, and what have you. Years ago, I like many of the masses, immediately clicked A (or X) for the base front and selected my play accordingly.

We'll disagree here obviously but if they have to re-write mass code in the way that Ian has implied in the past, I'm not sure I want the dev time spent on the implementation of this.
I wouldn't have a problem with them not doing it as long as they let me call more than crash right/left/all in/fan in my Dline calls. Let me have Twist, Full line Jet/Half Line jet/DE Loop/DT Twist - and let me call all of these on the fly from any formation. They also have to make sure that when I call a stunt that my Dline has its own movement. Don't let the offensive line determine what my Dline can do. If I tell your a$$ to crash right then you better hit that damn gap or we are gonna have problems LOL.

Last edited by LBzrule; 06-10-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
You're right new formations won't have any impact if coverage still sucks so what is the point. I have a feeling Motioned slants to the outside will be a factor in closed shotgun formations it takes away jostling and could possibly not be bumped.
We are seeing eye to eye
Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #37
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I wouldn't have a problem with them not doing it as long as they let me call more than crash right/left/all in/fan in my Dline calls. Let me have Twist, Full line Jet/Half Line jet/DE Loop - and let me call all of these on the fly from any formation. They also have to make sure that when I call a stunt that my Dline has its own movement. Don't let the offensive line determine what my Dline can do. If I tell your a$$ to crash right then you better hit that damn gap or we are gonna have problems LOL.
Agreed. I think this is a sufficient shortcut to achieve a very similar result without so much of the code having to be re-written.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #38
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yeah, but this has all to do with coverage and not being able to shade If you could shade you could deal with these formations a lot better IMO because you could bracket in and support with the Safety over the top. But since you can't shade you will be opened to some big issues. These two formations consists of one of the reasons why I wanted more jostling.
I agree. Shading needs to be in as well.

Couldn't you "help" on a particular WR last year? They didn't take that out did they?

But there are just too many coverage/blitz/stunt combinations not available. Being able to combine these in different ways would allow folks to stop more plays. Instead, we're stuck with the few combinations EA sees fit.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
I wouldn't have a problem with them not doing it as long as they let me call more than crash right/left/all in/fan in my Dline calls. Let me have Twist, Full line Jet/Half Line jet/DE Loop - and let me call all of these on the fly from any formation. They also have to make sure that when I call a stunt that my Dline has its own movement. Don't let the offensive line determine what my Dline can do. If I tell your a$$ to crash right then you better hit that damn gap or we are gonna have problems LOL.
That right there is real football, This is how I think they should do it.
They can do all of that with the player assignment, click A on a Dlinemen. then flick the stick down like usual but add more angles to it, that way they won't have to change any buttons..just add on to what is there. I agree with the Dline having it's own movement, when you crash they never make shoot the gap and cross the face of the guy blocking them.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

Too many folks learned about football through Madden.

But the game will never be right without tiered defensive play calling. Maybe not this particular issue, but there will be plays that are more difficult to stop than they should be simply because you can't create the defensive call necessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »