Home

What gives you the "itch"?

This is a discussion on What gives you the "itch"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What makes you want to play the most?
An NFL Game, upcoming or recently played 30 50.85%
A real-life transaction: The draft, Free Agent, or Trade 10 16.95%
A Highlight Reel 10 16.95%
A previous game of Madden 0 0%
Other 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: What gives you the "itch"?

Watching an NFL game does it for me.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

If the madden game is good that year like this year. I will play it til the next year madden. I am a football freak. I love football. I can't wait for the NFL season to begin to tell you the thruth.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

I duplicate the real NFL. I'll play on Sunday after my team (CLE) has played, to see if I could fair better against the same opponent.

----HOWEVER------this year's different; I've been playing 08 PC recently just to get my fix till 10 arrives!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 26

I played madden 09 and stopped playing it in the first month of its release. I was more interested in playing head coach then madden because it had more ups then downs. After I was tired with HC I stopped playing football games until about 2 months ago when I borrowed a friends copy of NCAA09 and M09. I had the itch after watching the draft ect ect.

Both left my 360 after ten minutes because of some of the silly stuff that happens that was a game killer. I tried to play HC again and its flaws are just to strong. I still have my itch and I cant scratch it without getting angry at the games lol. Im ready for some football
Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

An NFL game, but then i put in madden and realize how far off it is from an actual NFL broadcast and i quickly turn it off, looks like this year will be different though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 03:16 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Watching NFL Network usually gives me the itch to play. America's Game essentially makes me want to play. and watching Madden 10 vids.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #23
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Right after, or sometimes during, a game. Seeing it and hearing it just give me the "itch" to play.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I voted other. I honestly dont know, lol. I just play randomly throughout the year. The itch just comes out of nowhere all of a sudden.

The past 2 months I was pretty heavy into it. I was in my 4th franchise season with Madden/NCAA, then I read a post here that stated you could change ratings in Madden? Can you?

Anyway, after I read that I wanted to tinker with the Madden ratings (gonna drop every player atleast 3 points in the overall). So I started my franchise over again in order to user control all teams and play with the ratings.

Haven't gotten around to it yet, because I have a strict ritual with the Madden/NCAA titles. At the beginning of all franchise, I must start with NCAA first then draft class into Madden. Rinse and repeat. So I'm actually in my first year of NCAA right now, but stopped playing it, because the damn A.I started cheating to an unreasonable degree (I upgraded to Heisman).

Been playing UFC 2009, FN4 demo and Ninja Gaiden 2 ever since. Oh well, the itch just might return before the release of the new versions this year, or I might just wait it out for the new versions. Right around the corner, cant wait.

Last edited by TheCreep; 06-10-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: addition

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »