Home

maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3

This is a discussion on maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #41
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
You can't undo 4 years of bad programming / game design in one year. You can fix whats most pressing and continue to press forward. They could easily take the Ortiz approach and ship another roster update with some mumbo-jumbo ring builder bullcrap.

I just wish the innovation was a little more bold. Fix that damn QB ice skating when dancing in the pocket, add moment TRUE momentum running (it was in Madden 04-05 PS2). Give us longer, better, more thought out presentation (this includes some real commentary). Add route based passing, and seriously punish gamers who drop back 80s yards then throw. Whats up with QB's being able to scramble and throw off the wrong foot without even trying to set their feet?!

I haven't played Madden 10 yet but from what I've seen im both very pleased with the direction, and incredibly frustrated with the product overall. Its the year 2009, we have ONE game for the most popular sport in America and we can't even get proper crowd reactions?? (Fans leaving in blow outs, reacting to big plays, homefield advantage.. etc. etc.) its sad.

P.S. Tiburon - Fly me out to your headquaters, im sure I can do a better job at commentating than Robo Hammonds
I agree with what your saying man, and your right, you cant undo 4 years of bad programming, and it is good that they have gone in a new direction. My problem is that going in a new direction isnt the answer. Getting stuff right is the answer. If you go in a new direction but still come up short, you went in the wrong direction.

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, take a step back and instead of doing these grandiose things half way, do the little things great. Save "Online Franchise" and just put out a solid Online league system with real 17 week schedule and playoffs with a web interface.

Instead of just throwing in a weekly recap, halftime show,etc. Do one great. Make the halftime show an innovative experience.

I mean every year we dont need some new technology Pro Tak, last year it was "branching technology" JUST STFU and make crap work. Im not thankful that you are now able to make defenders block. I am saddened that you think its an accomplishment.

And then dont get me started on their new cute little "thing". "oh everything is server side so we can update". I am willing to bet anyone, anything that there will be no salary cap or contracts in online franchise. Its the same record playing guys.

Everyone is giving these guys props cause for the first time they will be releasing an average game. I mean, I dont know how ele to put it in perspective. I am already working on a web interface so my league can have contracts and salary caps and can keep track of all of that. I guarantee that itll be nicer than what EA comes out with in Madden 11 and guess what theres nothing great about it. Im not special, anyone can do it, but if they did it, they would be marching around here like "you asked for it, now you got it, your welcome""we are so great we did it!" give me a break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: maddensimplayers.com madden 10 review from E3

Since this thread has been derailed beyond repair, let's close shop here and let you guys discuss the review on the website it came from.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »