Home

Weather Improvements?

This is a discussion on Weather Improvements? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Weather Improvements?

I just finished watching the Madden 10 E3 Stage Demo. Ian was playing in a light snow game, and I noticed that the snow effects were somewhat similar to '09. I'm specifically referring to the fact that only the player's footprints show up in the snow. Bodies and the football don't make any impressions in the snow. I was just wondering if this could happen for Madden 10 still? It's not a big deal, but I enjoy playing in the snow, and it just looks slightly odd to only have footprints.

Another thing that I thought would be pretty cool would be to have the jerseys look like they get wet. All-Pro 2K8 had something like this and I thought it was a good touch. They did this by just having the colors of the jersey get slightly darker over time as the rain came down. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Weather Improvements?

Yea the weather affects like that needs to be worked on. But it nothing major are a game killer.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yea the weather affects like that needs to be worked on. But it nothing major are a game killer.
yeah, like I said, not a huge deal but it still looks a little weird. It would be nice to have the players' bodies and the ball affect the snow also.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Pro

I kind of figured this wouldn't be a big topic of conversation with others on OS since gameplay and presentation are the key areas it seems (for which I agree). I was just curious as to whether it could still happen that there would be more effects in the snow than just footprints.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Rookie

beefjohnson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
I kind of figured this wouldn't be a big topic of conversation with others on OS since gameplay and presentation are the key areas it seems (for which I agree). I was just curious as to whether it could still happen that there would be more effects in the snow than just footprints.

I thought this type topic would be important to alot of people not just because of how the players affect the snow...but how the snow affects the players. Weather should be a huge part in the gameplay feature as well not just a visual. You arent going to run a 4.3 40 in a field with a couple inches of rain or snow. Juking should occasionally cause slips etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Do the jerseys get dirty this year? I know they did last year, but in the videos the away team still looked pretty white playing in the rain.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Do the jerseys get dirty this year? I know they did last year, but in the videos the away team still looked pretty white playing in the rain.
That's a good question. I would assume they would because they did last year, but maybe not. Or maybe it's just toned down a lot like people were asking for.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

I have a question regarding weather. Does it affect the players on the field. In other words, when it is raining, is the QBs accuracy affected, receivers and defender catching ability, and player speed and traction affected? If not then there's no point in having weather.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »