Home

Potential good news for offline franchise (for the progression worriers)

This is a discussion on Potential good news for offline franchise (for the progression worriers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #1
Banned

cornstarch's Arena

OVR: 3
Potential good news for offline franchise (for the progression worriers)

Ok, maybe someone has thought of this (maybe even posted a thread about it), but I haven't heard or read a comment on it so I decided to share.

Randomly, as I was surfing through this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-10-a.html I too was thinking about the amazing fun I wish to have in Madden '10's franchise like I once used to in the ps2 days. (Not to get carried away but) Remember, when you'd start a franchise with your favorite team, look to pick and choose the players you want to build into superstars and become dominant throughout all of the NFL, to lead the team and what not...this leads me to the main point of this thread.

Well, with the new addition of being able to edit ratings within franchise this year around, even if the new and tuned progression system turns out to suffer from one or more of the following problems: overall progression too slow, too fast, not enough fluctuation, whacky boosts or detractions for no apparent reason, etc, etc...the hardcore gaming clique can simply review the entire season (as we do anyway, to keep up with whos rising and falling in our virtual NFL world) and "progress" the players according to our own experiences and sightings in the franchise.

For example, if Rex Grossman (...somehow, somehow...) is able to amass 4000 yard, 30 touchdown seasons consistently and you're not happy with the game's way of doing things, maybe he is still ranked with the lower tier of quarterback due to such a low beginning overall rating...you can just bump him up a few points to go along with his (obviously fantasy) stellar seasons.

I know it isn't the best fix, but just in case progression or even incoming rookies ratings are flawed...instead of sitting around waiting for Madden '11, maybe we can enhance the experience by putting in a little more work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Potential good news for offline franchise (for the progression worriers)

Personally I don't like the idea of editing my own ratings...I feel like I'm cheating lol
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
Personally I don't like the idea of editing my own ratings...I feel like I'm cheating lol
I will probably regulate myself with two rules for this...I can only make my own players go down and I can only make the CPU players go up.

I will especially use this new features when situations come up such as rookie QBs who should be starters by year 2 being stuck behind a slightly higher rated vet. Such as Josh Freeman in Tampa.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
+1 i dont no why i feel the same way lol
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I will probably regulate myself with two rules for this...I can only make my own players go down and I can only make the CPU players go up.
but if you did this for several seasons wouldnt your team be worse than all the cpu teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster
but if you did this for several seasons wouldnt your team be worse than all the cpu teams?
I wouldn't do it every year and would only do it in extreme cases. In fact, I doubt I'd ever mess with my team at all unless something absolutely ridiculous occurred.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I agree with you! It would feel like cheating to me, and more importantly I don't have the time to go through most players, comparing their stats to previous years and finding a good balance with their ratings.

I hope and pray that progression is done well so that I won't run into any frustrations.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Yeah me too
But if my players ratings goes down after a 20 sack year or 10 int or 40 tds etc then ill fix it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »