Home

Offline Franchise Q&A Blog

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Q&A Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #57

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Offline Franchise Q&A Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Has anything been done to the logic making players retiring too early?

After my first season in Madden 09, T.O retired as well as a lot of other players that were at the top or near the top of their game.

Thanks Josh.
+1

The retiring logic has got to be changed...Big time.

We shouldn't have guys like T.O. and Warner retiring after 1-year while still being rated in the 90s.

Most guys retire because they aren't good enough. Perhaps once players turn 34 or 35, their ratings starts to take huge drops to the point where no one will sign them and THEN they retire.

We should also have the option to entice a retiree to return for another year. If I have a guy retire, and want to offer him a $5 million raise for one more year, I should be able to.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #58
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Can you go into detail on how the potential rating will be used? is it a max overall ex. if someone has a 78 potential is that as high as they go?

How is the Free agent bidding? is it like Head Coach?

Are the screens more user friendly? ex. in 09 there was a chart that brokedown your team finances by position i think is was.. i had no clue what it meant.

Do you control things like ticket prices and such ala Owner Mode and do things like high ticket prices affect attendence?

Thanks Josh

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 06-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #59

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
NFL challenge system, is it finally in the game? yes this is a franchise question it goes toward stats, If I throw a TD or run for x amount of yards and its questionable for or against I want to be challenged or I want to challenge the play, so I can break Peytons record or Walter paytons record.
Care to explain more? I don't understand this question at all.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #60
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Care to explain more? I don't understand this question at all.
He's basically asking if the way challenges are handled is improved. Last year, it was not only shallow, but entirely inaccurate and seemingly random.

I'd like to see a system like 2K5, where the user can pick what he wants to challenge. Also, I'd like the AI to realistically challenge plays.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
+1

The retiring logic has got to be changed...Big time.

We shouldn't have guys like T.O. and Warner retiring after 1-year while still being rated in the 90s.

Most guys retire because they aren't good enough. Perhaps once players turn 34 or 35, their ratings starts to take huge drops to the point where no one will sign them and THEN they retire.

We should also have the option to entice a retiree to return for another year. If I have a guy retire, and want to offer him a $5 million raise for one more year, I should be able to.
They should throw in some temporary retirements too(brett favre). j/p
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
LOL, i want to re-iterate I did not come with all these questions myself, I pulled these from all the pages so it would make it easier for Josh to look and pick the questions he wants to answer. I was attempting to help us all.
John...Josh... Same difference. lol
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6

Only have one question.

Can we switch control between user/cpu on teams during the offseason like we could on past gen?

Not necessarily get fired like others have asked in the thread, but have the ability to change to whichever team you want. I've never been fired (in the Madden versions where that was a possibility) because I never had a season bad enough to do so. Once I've built my team into a dynasty, I like to switch to the worst team and try and do the same for them.

Last edited by mikeveli20; 06-12-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 29

Is it wrong that I am already excited for Monday? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »