Home

Is there any way to turn off that "arcade" (breakaway) camera during long runs!?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to turn off that "arcade" (breakaway) camera during long runs!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #25
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Is there any way to turn off that "arcade" (breakaway) camera during long runs!?

No worries, I appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Is there any way to turn off that "arcade" (breakaway) camera during long runs!?

I think there are plenty of on/off opportunities still left. I think this is one of them. I talked about this one a few times myself.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think there are plenty of on/off opportunities still left. I think this is one of them. I talked about this one a few times myself.
How do u feel about it? Like it/Don't like it?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
How do u feel about it? Like it/Don't like it?
This one makes me kinda fight with myself. On one hand, I think it looks cool. On the other hand, because it's not seen on TV as a normal staple... I don't know.

FOX has used a wire cam similar to this. It doesn't rock the same way (and perhaps that's the biggest part of its novelty?), but the angle is very similar. I recall one Redskins game where I think Sean Taylor picked off a pass and it chased him to the endzone. It was really nice.

I just think all of these types of things should have on/off options. I honestly thought this one would get it in Madden 10 just because of the whole customization concept they have on their fact sheet.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Who cares if it isn't on tv, a videogame should have some differences shouldn't it? You dont' see button icons floating over guys heads on sundays or there routes magically appear pre-play.etc....
Old 06-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Who cares if it isn't on tv, a videogame should have some differences shouldn't it? You dont' see button icons floating over guys heads on sundays or there routes magically appear pre-play.etc....
lol.......exactly.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i agree with op. that view doesn't fit with the "if you see it on sunday" mantra. leave that kind of crap to blitz the league.

but if you do that don't you lose the camera panning to show all the receivers on screen?
blitz really the camera brings realism to the fact of a break away i love it people just dont like it when its done to them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I actually like it, and it IS "sim". It gives you the idea that "there's no catching this guy". In the past, guys would be able to catch up and dive 7 yards to prevent a sure touchdown.

You wanna go back to that?
exactly so true!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »