Home

Offensive/Defensive Play Books are getting Stale.

This is a discussion on Offensive/Defensive Play Books are getting Stale. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Offensive/Defensive Play Books are getting Stale.

I respect the fact that they may be authentic and that they are supposedly team specific, and that they have added some new formations, But they are run of the mill at this point. I'm not advocating for "create a play", because quite simply that feature could mess up game play. I would like for Tiburon to create some of their own plays as well as taking plays from the community. They could have a contest just for the feature.

With user submitting plays, it gives Tiburon enough time to test the plays and see how they function with the overall game play, instead of users just creating and running with a play that destroys the game.

A playbook from the creative minds of "Team Tiburon" powered by the community. These plays will be selected by play and not by play book so NFL teams still have their identity for the most part. Your created play should have some type of philosophy behind it as to why you would run this play and in what situation and the type of personnel needed to run the play, as well as formation type. If you don't have the right personnel to run the play it will not be as effective as it should be, think Pat White running the wildcat vs. Tom Brady running the wildcat.

Do you believe it time to inject new blood into the playbooks as I do? Don't get me wrong I like authentic team specific playbooks, but for the last 3 to 4 years we have been running the same plays and that bores me to no end.

Just think, this could be Madden's DNA, they could once a month post 10 to 20 Community Plays in the Xbox Market place or the PS Store as add on content.

Last edited by backbreaker; 06-12-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Offensive/Defensive Play Books are getting Stale.

Must See Thread Vision
Old 06-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I like this idea alot.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Really cool idea.

Right now, we don't really have team specific playbooks--every team has pretty much the same plays and route combinations. The only difference is they might call them "Eagles Screen" or "Rams Post" but they're all the same plays.

All defensive plays are pretty much the same too.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I tried to get something going a little while back where people would contribute some team specific plays to be added to the playbooks:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-10-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Awesome idea.

It would be nice to have a web based play creator in future versions where it can be shared/tested via the site or via live/psn.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Really is a great idea to get the community involved and all that jazz. I'd settle for a play creator too, as long as they didn't have any limits on it that real coaches don't have.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23

I agree, there need to be much much bigger playbooks. There needs to be trick plays in there too. For example I can think of at least 10 fake field goals off the top of my head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »