Home

Madden NFL 10 Videos: Ravens (CPU) vs. Titans (Ian) Full Gameplay in HD

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Videos: Ravens (CPU) vs. Titans (Ian) Full Gameplay in HD within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #65
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ravens (CPU) vs. Titans (Ian) full gameplay in HD

I can see Chris Johnson being the new "Michael Vick" of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprany
What setting is this on? Where is QB inaccuracy/sim style gameplay? Where is the defense in general??

I mean 8 touchdowns in a cold weather Ravens-Titans game??

C'mon, call a spade a spade. There are more important things than whether an animation looks one way or another, or how the commentary is. Online franchise or not, this game still needs a lot of work.
I should also add I'm sick of just tuning sliders to make the QBs inaccurate. That makes deep passes virtually impossible. Why can't we just have a game where an average QB (like Cassel or Flacco or Collins) throw errant passes 20-30% of the time?

This adds much more identity to each of the teams. When you have the Titans scoring 35 vs the Ravens, it goes to show again it doesnt matter whether you use an average offensive team like the Titans or a good one.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 13

madden feels improved from the previous versions but it still overall looks like Madden to me. And when I say that I mean not a realistic game of football.

Players still move too jittery and they need to fix their running animations. Someone already mentioned the arm strides in traffic. Runners don't run that way. Everyone runs like they're in an open field even when there's defenders around. It just feels videogamey. When I play NHL 09 & MLB The Show, I don't get that feeling that I'm playing a videogame. I feel more suspension of disbelief because those games are more authentic.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #68
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
You sound like one of those guys that go "ALL OUT" in slow-pitch softball.
Softball is hardcore.

(See what I did there?)
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #69
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

lol whoa, that was awesome. I am soo happy I have a Madden game that is actually going to be exciting to play. I only watched the 4th Quarter but it was great, The Ravens actually ran a proper 2 minute offense, this has been lacking in Madden for the past few years. Also, that Cut scene right after the Extra point in the last video was stunning, Looked like a real NFL game.

Couple small details I saw:

noticed Flacco was on the Phone during the last couple seconds when it was obvious they were going to lose, thats probably not going to happen.

The MVP announcement was rather poor imo, I would rather have a little popup during the playcall screen or something that announces he was the MVP with his stats.

Overall I think Tiburon knocked one out of the park here, I cannot wait until the 14th.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Everything is great...game looks a 100x better...my only issue is with stat overlays...yes there are a few more...but man as a big stat guy i would love to see more updates on how many yards my rb has...or how many tackles my mlb has...i guess just more frequent updates...whether they are pop ups like the qb comparison one or just simple ones on the ticker at the bottom...btw...loving the playoff atmosphere with the playoffs logo on the field...nfl playoffs symbol on replays and the wildcard text under the ticker...great job nonetheless...but if you guys feel like there arent enough stat overlays, is there any way to increase how often they show up? cant wait for aug 14th!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This. Dominant defenses need to be dominant, and it's two factors- the Defensive line is not winning the way it should, and the linebackers aren't playing the run well.

Ian, you know I pounded those two issues over and over, and I'm sure it got annoying, but man, that's huge.

Yeah, as presented now, this game has serious, serious flaws. I also think you are overlooking the "average" passing attack of the Titans and Ravens. Both should be very ineffective vs a top defense like in this game. Completed passes should be a big deal, if this is truly a "sim."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #72
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Only caught the first quarter, will check the rest out tonight.

Don't think I saw a stat banner the 1st quarter. Yes Ian I will probably bitch about this every video until/if I get assaulted by them.

Agreed game looks a little wide open to me. D line seems under powered.

Not seeing a real pass rush. Hope sliders help.

Game looks great though overall. Hope it can be tightened up a bit.

This is my only concern. It seems like there's no chance we'll have any type of defensive battles. Until I see a game where the DL's get some real pressure and s
a dominant DL takes over I'll feel this way.
I shouldn't have to blitz to get pressure if I have a dominant D line.

As good as the game looks and plays if every game is a 30 -20 game (or worse) that will take a huge amount of fun away from the game.
As it looks right now, why would any of us care who we have at the DL positions.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »