Home

Just stumbled across a great find (re: pass rush)

This is a discussion on Just stumbled across a great find (re: pass rush) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #73
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Just stumbled across a great find (re: pass rush)

This is great. The game must feel a lot better now.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Incredible find, Ian.

One question, though: when you say "pass rush" ratings, do you mean both PMV and FMV, or just FMV? (wondering that because most DTs are much higher in PMV)
Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #75
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Well done, Ian, now go get laid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #76
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

This is the kind of work ethic that makes people millionares, Peter Moore better be giving you a raise.

*cleans Nose off*

Seriously though, I have been around gaming a long time, I know a hit when i see it. Before anyone knew GTA 3 was going to be amazing, I said buy that game. When the Original Call of Duty came out, I knew it was going to be special. And Ya know, I know this Madden will be the best Madden game ever.

The best way to advertise is not on TV, The Internet, or Billboards. Its word of Mouth, I keep on telling people, Buy Madden 10 It will rock your world. So basicly, Your Hard work will pay off August 21st when they release the sales amounts. When Madden 10 Shatters all of the previous Madden Records, we here at OS will say, We told you so.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimSham
That's why he makes the big dollars.

Or at least he SHOULD.
Ian should due to his position. But the grunts..... In the programming industry you pretty much only go into gaming if it is your absolute PASSION. You work insane hours, I bet the guys working on Madden right now might be pushing 80 a week. Game programmers do it out of love, they could easily get a job with much less hours and at least equal if not higher salary. Probably half of all programmers start programing to begin with because of an interest in games or something similar. Not many guys say "I'm going to make some SICK bank software one day" Then they actually get a peak at the game industry and say thanks but no thanks, I enjoy sleep and my free time a litttttle too much.

Of course, there is the whole rockstar aspect with games. You get to rub elbows with celebrities/atheltes if they are part of your subject matter, attend industry parties and all that.

I don't have a message board of people hanging off my every word about what updates I made to our pharmacy benefit management software when I get home from work, which Is more than likely a good thing =P
Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #78
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

So basically the O-lineman were playing to their new stretched out ratings, but the D-line was playing to their new ratings minus 10 percent? Wow that explains alot. Was this also affecting the 3-4 OLB's or just 4-3 linemen? Thanks so much.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

boy i hope u find a way to fix the running animations. just a little tweek, if u can't change it all together.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:23 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Was this also affecting the 3-4 OLB's or just 4-3 linemen? Thanks so much.
Probably both since it affected pass-rush specific ratings from what I understand. And 4-3 DEs and 3-4 OLBs share those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »