Home

Replays on challenges and close plays?

This is a discussion on Replays on challenges and close plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Replays on challenges and close plays?

bump
Old 06-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah, NFL2K5 did this sometimes on plays. I remember me and my friends would love when they showed the replay while the refs where looking at the replays on the challenges, and we would debate how it was going to turn out, like we where watching a real football game. Then you would feel this anticipation when the ref would walk back on the field and give the verdict. This idea along with the option to have more than one choice when challenging plays needs to be in Madden10 or patched in. I haven't seen if Ian has addressed this or not.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #19
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
It would be great to see replays of penalties. And from time to time the announcers can call it out and say that it was a bad call.

yea so then u guys can get on Ian because the AI is calling bogus calls...

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 06-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #20
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

The reason we probably won't see replays of penalties is because in the past the game has been unable to accurately animate penalties such as holding. I believe that's also why the number of penalties called is so low: because if you were to go back and look at the replay after a holding call, you wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary. So as a "fix" EA decided to reduce the number of penalties called.

In one way it makes sense, because who wants to play a game where penalties are called even when no infraction occurred? On the other hand, playing a game with very few penalties called isn't very realistic either.

Bottom line: until the game can accurately depict penalties such as holding, we won't see many of them called, and certainly won't see replays of them.

I also agree with the earlier comment about EA's lack of addressing this issue. If they're not talking about it prelaunch, chances are the issue hasn't been fixed.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Does anyone know if the challenge system has been reworked in any way? It's needed it for awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »