Home

Is the PS2 version of Madden 10 just a roster update?

This is a discussion on Is the PS2 version of Madden 10 just a roster update? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Is the PS2 version of Madden 10 just a roster update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
there's a pretty large handful of us that won't play online franchise for a multitude of reasons, not the least bit being the lack of free agency/contracts and trade logic prevents it from being a true franchise mode.
And there will be a great handful who will be playing it including myself. Just b/c you may not play it does not mean it does not count as a gameplay addition. How can anyone give the edge to current gen in terms of offerings?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11
Smile Re: Is the PS2 version of Madden 10 just a roster update?

thank you, if we had a good playing next gen madden i wouldn't have to even bring up the ps2 version would I? It's sad that i have to as long as the ps3 and xbox360 have been around. By the way i have bought every next gen madden on ps3, i've just returned them and went back to my ps2 version because they were all horrible. i'm hoping this year is different,
Old 06-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #19
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
And there will be a great handful who will be playing it including myself. Just b/c you may not play it does not mean it does not count as a gameplay addition. How can anyone give the edge to current gen in terms of offerings?
I think you are getting a little off subject.

You can count that as an offering if you like but Current Gen still
doent have as many offerings as Last Gen,Its a fact man.
Just look at the Offline Franchise Q&A Thread.All of those things are in Last Gen for the most part. <-also for the topic

Also IMO the only thing Current Gen has that actually blows Last Gen away is the graphics.But thats it.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
It's not only the more franchise features that make the PS2 game better up to this point. The nexgen versions are still missing formation shifts, man lock, wr shading, individual bumping, and the vision cone for those that like it. Bottom line is the ps2 game has more stategy in the actual games themselves so far. Madden 10 looks good but left that out once again so I still may have to give the edge to the ps2 version depending on how it actually plays.

I have a PS3 and a wii and would love to out the ps2 to rest but EA hasn't let me do that just yet.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's not only the more franchise features that make the PS2 game better up to this point. The nexgen versions are still missing formation shifts, man lock, wr shading, individual bumping, and the vision cone for those that like it. Bottom line is the ps2 game has more stategy in the actual games themselves so far. Madden 10 looks good but left that out once again so I still may have to give the edge to the ps2 version depending on how it actually plays.

I have a PS3 and a wii and would love to out the ps2 to rest but EA hasn't let me do that just yet.
Thank you,I was thinking they had man lock and more formation shifts but couldnt guarantee it.As Im a franchise junkie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #22
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Lets hope the ps2 gets some love,Bcause overall its still a very much of a playable game.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

Witch!.... Witch!!! I tell you!....take back THESE LIES!!!!!

haha, but seriously....whaaat individual bumping...god I can't even remember if that was in Madden 07 or 06 for my ps2.....I forgot about all this stuff.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

i myself have an xbox360 and a ps3, but i always wind up BUYING the PS2 version of madden. sure next gen looks great, but the game play sucks @ss, u never feel like you have controll over the outcome. AND PLUS,NEX-GEN STILL DOESN'T HAVE THE MULTIPLE CAMERA ANGLES that would help it overcome some of its gameplay issues.so until they make a nex-Gen madden thats worth BUYING i'll keep my ixtreme firmware 1.6 xbox360 "if u know what i mean"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »