Home

Madden getting stale?

This is a discussion on Madden getting stale? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden getting stale?

when i meant stale, i just meant the fun factor. I love the game, love football.. just maybe I have played it out? I think the game is great tbh, just I do not find myself playing as much. It used to be that when the game came out, I would take 2 sick days and play like 4 days... just to immerse myself in it. Now I play 1 season and I usually put it down unless I play with another friend.

It might have to with the computer either being way easy or way hard. I like to run the ball, but on its max setting its really difficult. I dont think its me being a bad gamer. The other thing, you play online and score 1 td, the other person quits the game and they never get a mark against them. I remember playing 3.5 quarters and this dude kept doing this pause, unpause.. for 5 min.. hoping I would stop hitting that I am ready.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #34
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Madden and ncaa can't ever get stale for me. I love football to much to act like a grumpy old man and nit picking on forums all day. I think nhl 09 is a great game but I can't play it long because I find hockey stale. Football is my passion and madden and ncaa and any football game will make me happy
Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002
when i meant stale, i just meant the fun factor. I love the game, love football.. just maybe I have played it out? I think the game is great tbh, just I do not find myself playing as much. It used to be that when the game came out, I would take 2 sick days and play like 4 days... just to immerse myself in it. Now I play 1 season and I usually put it down unless I play with another friend.

It might have to with the computer either being way easy or way hard. I like to run the ball, but on its max setting its really difficult. I dont think its me being a bad gamer. The other thing, you play online and score 1 td, the other person quits the game and they never get a mark against them. I remember playing 3.5 quarters and this dude kept doing this pause, unpause.. for 5 min.. hoping I would stop hitting that I am ready.
Your problem might be the lack of friends to play with. BTW, the CPU is supposed to be a lot more challenging this year, also CPU teams will play more like they really do on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
Im fairly young and frankly I hate that someone with good stick skills but bad football knowledge dominates these games. it seems like all you need is to learn how to cheese. very rarely do I play video game football and feel like Im playing football. it seems ever five minutes Im reminded that its a game.
Same here I am 15 am have only been playing Madden since M06 but I have always hated "cheezers" I mean there is no way doing what they do is fun for them...I play video games to have fun, it just seems like most of these cheezers do not, they just do it to get in Madden tourneys and win cash, but for me if you want money...get a real job, don't play video games...yes there are a few exceptions to the rule, like game testers etc.

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #37
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well with madden coming out in 2 months. No it ain't getting stale. I really ain't played no good madden since the ps2 madden 07 days. I am ready to get it on. I am still playing ncaa 09 still and it ain't got stale on me.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #38
Banned

Getting Stale, this game has been stale for about 5 or so years. It has no soul and they lack vision.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #39
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
Every year we hear the company line "this is the single biggest year over year improvement in the series ever" and the game still is stale.

Because Ian has blogged about every minute addition to the game this year, doesn't automatically mean the team has accomplished more than they ever have before.

There's actually been previews from neutral sites (like Joystiq) that say the game still feels the same as previous years.
They have said themselves that they weren't into sports games and therefore I don't see how one could take the article that seriously though if you are a madden basher that plays no role since most try to find anything they can to back their claims.

Quote:
Indication is that the game is more sim and improved, but EA has indicated this in the past only to dissapoint.

It's foolish to make all of these comments about how much the game has improved or how much has been added, etc .. when you haven't even played the game yet.
And yet it's okay for you to basically say that the game will be a letdown even though you haven't played it either?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #40
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Getting Stale, this game has been stale for about 5 or so years. It has no soul and they lack vision.
you nailed it there my friend.. Lack of Vision is 100% correct.

There is no innovation going on here. While i do see some improvement year to year, there is nothing innovative here.

Last edited by boooey; 06-15-2009 at 05:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »