Home

The same broken field goal camera angle? Say it isn't so!!

This is a discussion on The same broken field goal camera angle? Say it isn't so!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #49
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The same broken field goal camera angle? Say it isn't so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I would take it as a compliment if people are complaining about a field goal camera angle at this stage.

There will always be complaints because the game won't ever be perfect....never. You can't please everyone.

Just because a person doesn't preface their complaint post with a shower of compliments does not mean they do not appreciate the good in the game. They just want to see this game reach perfection like everyone else.
Good way to make a suggestion: "Yo, Ian, I really would love to see this implemented in Madden."

Bad way to make a suggestion: "How can you not do this? It's so obvious!! I'm disappointed in you, Ian." This infers that Ian was just so blindly stupid "not seeing the obvious."

A lot of people could use a course on how to give proper feedback without getting all "reeee!" about things.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this isn't just an issue on my wishlist.. its a real and glaring problem with the camera angle
No. It's just an issue on your wishlist.

Never once in my football gaming life have I ever come to the conclusion "OMFG THESE FG CAM ANGLES SUX"

You may have some sort of form of OCD.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Come on now Ian.. "Idiot" is one word i never used.
As you can see by the responses in this thread, this isn't just an issue on my wishlist.. its a real and glaring problem with the camera angle.. its unnecessary, and one that should honestly never have been.
Just keep the camera on the ball, whether its in front of or just behind the field goal post.

I am glad that I finally got your attention at least, and I sincerely appreciate you looking into this.

I could honestly say that if you come through and correct this at the 11th hour I would be very impressed, and you would have won me over... finally
You didn't use the word idiot, but you could brush up on your constructive criticism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You didn't use the word idiot, but you could brush up on your constructive criticism.
That he could have...even though I agree the FG angle needs to change....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #53
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Needs to change? A glaring problem? This field goal deal is little more than a preference. It's a preference, whether you like it one way or another.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #54
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
You're right - you didn't say idiot...but these comments are totally acceptable in your eyes? You wouldn't take offense to these?

"the fact that Ian does not even see that this is a problem is even more disappointing than the problem itself."

"I just do not understand how Ian and his team do not realize this.".

"Ian, how in the world do you look at this and not see the problem here?"
I apologize Ian, i never meant to personally attack you or anyone else.

My comments above are also based on the fact I have been crying out for this issue to be fixed since last year, and have been pretty much ignored.. so there is certainly a level of frustration behind my comments.

But I am not going to BS you, I really do not know how or why this camera cut away was even implemented.. it makes no sense to me. I am just being honest here.

I just want Madden to be a great game, otherwise I wouldn't be posting suggestions on how to make the game better. I am not just blindly bashing the game.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #55
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
I apologize Ian, i never meant to personally attack you or anyone else.

My comments above are also based on the fact I have been crying out for this issue to be fixed since last year, and have been pretty much ignored.. so there is certainly a level of frustration behind my comments.

But I am not going to BS you, I really do not know how or why this camera cut away was even implemented.. it makes no sense to me. I am just being honest here.

I just want Madden to be a great game, otherwise I wouldn't be posting suggestions on how to make the game better. I am not just blindly bashing the game.
Again, you keep speaking about this "issue." What issue? This isn't some known bug or glitch. It's a personal preference. You're taking your own personal opinions and turning them into socially accepted facts. Just because you have an issue with how the camera works, this doesn't make it an issue that "needs to be fixed."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 19

At the 1 Min mark in this video you can see the normal camera angle almost always shown on a NFL Broadcast!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-sG...eature=related

Sorry I could not find a better HQ video or picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot003.jpg (30.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot004.jpg (28.0 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by mike75; 06-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »