Home

please correct the 49ers helmet color!

This is a discussion on please correct the 49ers helmet color! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #49
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: please correct the 49ers helmet color!

I was going to bring it up, that possibly that screenshot is an old school helmet? Otherwise, yeah, that's a pretty large difference in color.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I was going to bring it up, that possibly that screenshot is an old school helmet? Otherwise, yeah, that's a pretty large difference in color.
This. Those helmets look a lot like the '80s ones you see in all the dynasty footage on NFLN .
Old 06-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #51
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

49ers fan here too. In case any EA developers are taking a glance, I'll add to the comments above. The helmets and pants are supposed to be a LIGHTER gold than last year, but will still be metallic/reflective (unlike the throwbacks). The jersey also will be lighter.

As has been said, it looks like the reflective quality is fine, but the shade on the helmet is WAY too dark, and the pants are a bit dark as well.

From my memory, the only game to ever get the 49ers jerseys right was Madden 2008 (I skipped Madden 05-07 on 360 though). The last gen Maddens normally had the right shade, but the technology couldn't really give a good metallic look, so we always looked tan. ESPN 2K5 also had same problem, as the helmet and pants looked tan. Madden 2008, to my eyes, was pretty perfect with the darker shade of the jersey, correct hues on the helmet and pants, and metallic quality.

Madden 2009 was a disaster. Though they finally got the shoes black, the jersey was back to almost cherry-red, like our throwbacks. However, the throwback uniforms had the completely wrong shade of helmet (WAY too dark), wrong facemask, and wrong emblem. This was a big disappointment for me.

As for the stripes in Madden 2010, I'll be more forgiving. The design for these stripes is to give a cleaner look to the style where players roll their sleeves under their pads. In the real world, their arms will move somewhat independently of the pads. In Madden, if you look, the sleeves are somewhat attached to the players' arms, so when the arm goes forward, the sleeve stretches with it. This is why the 49ers stripes look off in the game, but it isn't really the Madden developers' fault, the cut style just doesn't comport with how sleeves are rendered in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

I wonder if that would be hard to adjust. I'm a 49ers fan too and hope it gets corrected
Old 06-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheerun
Definitely...

Funny how some people will blast others on these threads saying that we should stop bringing this type of stuff up. Sorry, but when you're a passionate fan and you see your team's representation off you want it fixed. Its not a deal breaker for me, but it is annoying and unfortunate because it does take away from the true experience for many people.

I hope they can get these uni errors fixed next year...
I understand your point. You KNOW im not a niners fan, but if they can get everyone else's right, for the most part, why not your team?point taken and understood. Now.........back to hatin the niners.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #54
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm just wondring how they get any jerseys wrong... do they not look at real life pics or something?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #55
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
I'm just wondring how they get any jerseys wrong... do they not look at real life pics or something?
I believe they are obligated to follow the official NFL style guide. But if the guide isn't updated in time, then new uniforms may not make it into the game. The 49ers uniforms, for instance, weren't unveiled until April, I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #56
Rookie

lol I just hope to god i don't sudenly find something wrong with the Titans uni in august. Still, Ill have to face the 49ers every four franchise seasons and preseason, and so Ill be a little agitated.

Honestly because, is it really so hard to look at photographs and get the unis right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »