Home

Madden 10: The New NHL07

This is a discussion on Madden 10: The New NHL07 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 10: The New NHL07

Yea thats basically whats happening here with madden. NHL 09 is amazing and I am not even a hockey fan.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Come out in november 05, august, 06, and then august 07. they made 3 games in less than 2 years. i don't think that can be ignored.
Wow I never even realized that.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #19
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

And my math was a little off. 3 maddens came out within 18 months. Making 06 was a big mistake.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

i'm with you Dat...i'm not a hockey fan but i buy nhl each year just before the new year...
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree except for the fact that NHL 07, IMO, was horrible as an overall package. It introduced a phenomenal innovation in the skill stick and some killer graphics, but everything else was pretty horrendous.

I do agree with the point that Madden 10 seems to be a real stepping stone in an awesome direction for the series. I just happen to think Madden 10 will actually be a good overall game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 52

I think it's closer to NHL 08 (if you're making the comparison of a re-focus on core sport simulation). 07 had the skill stick but a lot of other broken stuff.

NHL 08 drilled it for the most part but it didn't quite have the extreme depth and still had some gameplay issues to iron out. NHL 09 was the extra coat of paint - the real polish.

Mike Y and I both actually discussed this same topic actually - we have re-focused the vision on simulation, presentation, and online, and spent a ton of time on cleaning up core systems (like NHL 08 did) but there's still some work to do to make it perfect. I am extremely happy with what we accomplished in one year, but I'm definitely not satisfied. I want every Madden to make your brain explode. I think 10 will do that for a lot of people, and 11, (and 12 and 13) will be DIALED in.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I think it's closer to NHL 08 (if you're making the comparison of a re-focus on core sport simulation). 07 had the skill stick but a lot of other broken stuff.

NHL 08 drilled it for the most part but it didn't quite have the extreme depth and still had some gameplay issues to iron out. NHL 09 was the extra coat of paint - the real polish.

Mike Y and I both actually discussed this same topic actually - we have re-focused the vision on simulation, presentation, and online, and spent a ton of time on cleaning up core systems (like NHL 08 did) but there's still some work to do to make it perfect. I am extremely happy with what we accomplished in one year, but I'm definitely not satisfied. I want every Madden to make your brain explode. I think 10 will do that for a lot of people, and 11, (and 12 and 13) will be DIALED in.
I love this. Get the NCAA team on the same track.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Well I look forward to all that...Imma hold you to ya word...ya best believe dat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »