Home

Currently traded draft picks should remain intact in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Currently traded draft picks should remain intact in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should real life traded draft picks be intact for madden franchise mode?
Yes (so teams like denver will be screwed for first round picks) 45 86.54%
No (every team deserves a clean slate) 3 5.77%
Other opinion 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #17
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Currently traded draft picks should remain intact in Franchise Mode

Yes, currently traded draft picks should stand. That is if Madden 10 had a Franchise mode that rivaled H.C. 09! But it does not so........
Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTAJ34
no future draft picks eh? So denver doesnt get Chicago's first round next year?
It's a shame isn't it? Even if I do despise Denver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
Lol i voted yes. However I should've voted for "other opinion" because I think there should be something (like HC09) where you could decide whether to take a team from scratch or where they are currently before you enter career mode for the first time.
Fo sho. That makes a lot of sense...
Old 06-19-2009, 02:37 AM   #19
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Oh how I would love to trade future picks and be able to have more than only 10 picks.

I love to take over a team like the Lions and trade away all the junk (no offense to the Lion's fan) for draft picks. The problem is it takes a few years to really make a dent in the roster with younger players. However in real life a team like the Patriots drafted 12 players in this years draft. I want to be able to do something like that. Maybe make it a 15 pick max or something like that.

You can't say it's cheating because if a person "cheats" and gets the first 15 picks in the draft then his team will suffer because of the salary cap.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:48 AM   #20
Rookie

^solid.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:29 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
Oh how I would love to trade future picks and be able to have more than only 10 picks.

I love to take over a team like the Lions and trade away all the junk (no offense to the Lion's fan) for draft picks. The problem is it takes a few years to really make a dent in the roster with younger players. However in real life a team like the Patriots drafted 12 players in this years draft. I want to be able to do something like that. Maybe make it a 15 pick max or something like that.

You can't say it's cheating because if a person "cheats" and gets the first 15 picks in the draft then his team will suffer because of the salary cap.
I agree wholeheartedly. The whole 10 pick limit is beat.

I think they should just do it and make it an option at the beginning of franchise. Whether you want "Previously traded picks" on or off. So Denver/Chicago fans who don't want to lose picks can still have it the same. But those of us that want realism can have it as well.

They also need future draft picks. How hard is this to really freaking do? I remember buying NFL 2K1 back in like 7th grade and its franchise allowed you to trade the next year's draft picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316

Who would you trade away to get the first 15 picks?!?! Heck who would you trade away to get a single first round pick?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #23
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Who would you trade away to get the first 15 picks?!?! Heck who would you trade away to get a single first round pick?
Well in years past, it was pretty easy to get the first 10 picks (took a while but was easy) depending on your team. Lets say before the season started, you were the Lions and you traded away your 1st to the Patriot for their 1st. Well according to Madden, your first is worth more so you can usually trade for their 1st and 2nd or 1st, 3rd and 4th. So after you wheeled and dealed to get at least 10 draft picks, you wait until the trade deadline (or until the playoffs if you turn trade deadline off) and look for the teams who are struggling and make sure you have their draft pick.

Like I said it takes a lot of time but eventually you can do it. The only thing I wish they worked on was making it so the 1st rounder for a team struggling was worth more the 1st round for a team doing well because why would the Lions trade 1st round picks with the Patriots straight up during the season?

Also like I said when someone does something like that it hurts the team big time in the long run. Not only because you are dealing with guys demanding big time money but also you have to deal with any penalties from trading guys who had big contracts. I tried it just for fun once and by my second or third year I had to release most of my team. lol serves me right

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »