Home

How do you play?

This is a discussion on How do you play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you spend the majority of your time playing Madden.
Strictly online. Can't wait for online franchise. Do not play offline dynasty. 19 9.90%
Play both online and offline regularly. 31 16.15%
Mostly play offline dynasty, but occasionally play online. 66 34.38%
Strictly offline (dynasty) 76 39.58%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: How do you play?

Online Franchise FTW!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

franchise mode mostly, nothing like taking your fav. team to the superbowl every year

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Old 06-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm one who gets tired of to many games vs the CPU, to me the computer interprets real football so terrible it gets me bored and robo QB didn't help that. With better and more realistic football I'd play whole seasons and such but I'm definitely online and offline plenty. In mostly all games I'm a online player though, Madden 09 was better online for sure due to robo QB.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I do both and will continue this year. An online franchise and a offline franchise.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I play online to practice for online league that I run. It's all SIM with rules and it's the best way to ensure you don't play against cheesers/glitchers, etc... I make sure I give prospective owners a trial game first to ensure they are legit... If anyone is interested lmk... I am in need of about 8 new owners. The owners we have now are solid players and all sim and good guys! BTW league is or was 8 min qtrs. That was pretty realistic when it came to stats which we were using leaguedaddy last year but thank god for online franchise this year! Anyways, this year with accelerated clock we might go to 12-15 minutes. We'll take a vote once league is full again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #22
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
it surprises me how many people say they only play a few online games and then are done for good. How many of you played ranked game? How many played unranked? in my experience unranked is the way to go. People seem to think that their online ranked rating score thingy matters at all and will play what ever way they think it takes to win. While you will find quitters and cheesers in unranked games as well [cheesers who play unranked games often do so thinking of it as "practice mode"] but a lot of people I have in unranked games like to play real football.

I am just so sick of how easy the computer is to defeat on all-pro mode and how in all-madden mode it has to cheat adn screw you over to make up for what ever skill it lacks. players running the wrong way, abandoning coverages and blocks at the most inopertune times while computer controlled players play with what appears to be 100awareness, knowing your play pre-snap and adjusting accordingly [come out in a big formation in a play action after running the ball hard and well and the defense comes out in a dime, or call a draw on 3rd and 4 out of a 4 wide spread formation and the d is in the 46. Then despite what you do in the audibles, the computer always knows what you audibled into and adjusts accordingly as well... makes me so angry and is so unfun.]
Totally agree. I also agree and wonder why is it on dayum near every football game (especially APF)the CPU knows every play you're gonna run???? No realism in that at all....

Now to the topic question, I was strictly an offline,play my friends at the house player till 08,when I started playing online. I am a competitve person so I like playing ranked and having a good record,but no way do I stoop to these idiot cheesers and glitchers level and do what they do. I finally got to the point of not caring about a record and just quit on the spot as soon as I met a glitcher.Then I found a great online league,and I don't play ranked games anymore. Now online franchise will really keep me away from it,but probably wont get seriously into it until Madden 11 cause to me 10's online frachise isn't a franchise without a salary cap and player contracts and free agency,it's just a free online league IMO.
I will also run my offline 'chise,cause I ALWAYS play offline 'chise.And with the additions this year,it seems it will be fun again.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #23
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I only play online quick ranked vs. games. I couldn't care less about online franchise.

Last edited by bukktown; 06-19-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: heartburn
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #24
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Offline only. For reasons already stated. Nothing close to realism happens online. I want a sim game of football and the CPU is closer to sim, especially this year (fingers crossed) than ever before.

Plus, I want to build a team and have a story. One game online and then what..it's over and that's that. What's the point?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »