Home

Apexisfree Latest Madden 10 Comparisons

This is a discussion on Apexisfree Latest Madden 10 Comparisons within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Apexisfree Latest Madden 10 Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
lol, is this guy serious.......he sounds like a very nice irish boy LOl. serious though, madden 10 looks a hell of alot better than all pro does. yeah the running animations could be better, but at least they dont look like thier gliding, like in the 2k series. i think what the madden team needs to do is take the running speed from the defense and apply it to the offense. it seems they are moving at a faster pace.

either way, i am stoked about madden 10, and apex will prob be the first one to but it come august
He will buy it, he buys them all. he will tell ya that. If its a football or basketball game he will buy it. He picks on 2K's games as well. He's unbiased in his videos.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

This is for all of you that says all apex does is point out negatives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eNuW...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxx7m...e=channel_page
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #35
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

APF and NFL 2k had some great features and it was and is a good game but it is farrrr from epic

sorry but every time i see the players run in that game i feel like breaking out some oil....talk about players looking like they needed some lube on the joints..

i hated that robotic feel of the game....is like momentum was wayyyyy overdone...you tried to stick to one side and it took a while to compose the body and get control back.....sorry but that is no realistic...

madden is farrr from perfect but i feel like i am playing a game and in apf i feel like i am looking at sweet animations all day but i dont control them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Very true. And that's part of the point to remember in all this, IMO. The easiest way to make the endless comparisons and stuff like what Apex is doing go away, is to out-do what already has been done.

I'm not talking about people harping on every last detail, I'm simply talking about elements that were already done before. None of these arguments would hold as much weight if they didn't have 2-5 year evidence to back it up. Ian's said as much himself, he wants to "put the 2K talk to rest."

The only way to do that (in theory, of course...I think it's fair to say that some people will worship that game to the grave) is to make sure it has nothing on you.

All that said, I do think the whole argument that this game is all marketing hype is nonsense. It drives me batty when people say stuff like "it should have already been done...". Well of course! But that doesn't mean they should continue not doing it...lol. They screwed the pooch on "next gen" Madden. We all know that. You've gotta start from somewhere though.

Also, Ian has said many times that there is no "engine" to rebuild. They have been working on rebuilding various components of how the game plays. It takes time is all...especially after the debacle they turned the game into early on.

People also seem to forget that ""next gen" Madden was done from scratch. It's not that they are trying to "take out features and re-add them, pretending they're new". They were never in the current crop of Madden's to begin with. They dropped the ball, no doubt, but to criticize them for trying to pick it back up is ridiculous IMO.

It will take time, and I personally don't believe Madden 10 will be the game that "dethrones" 2K5. I'm simply hoping it will be the first noticeable step in getting to where it should be.
Good Post

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I already explained to you about what Madden's "engines" are, so no need to go back over that. What you still fail to believe is that everything from last-gen was already scrapped during the next-gen transition, and according to your words, there is nothing really different between next-gen Maddens and last-gen Maddens. Also you CAN'T compare Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Forza to Madden NFL-a SPORTS game, that have only about 9 months worth of development time compared to the many years that those other games have.
The whole 9 months thing is a lame cop out excuse. The same developing company had been working on the game for years in a row. Now say if another developing studio was making the game in, then i could cut some slack as they got to get into the grove of things, but this is simply not the case.

EA Tiburon has been working on Madden for years now and it has been sub par for quite some time. Like alliance said. Next gen EA football has been a total slap in the face to the fans that care about a true sim experience.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #38
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
APF and NFL 2k had some great features and it was and is a good game but it is farrrr from epic

sorry but every time i see the players run in that game i feel like breaking out some oil....talk about players looking like they needed some lube on the joints..

i hated that robotic feel of the game....is like momentum was wayyyyy overdone...you tried to stick to one side and it took a while to compose the body and get control back.....sorry but that is no realistic...

madden is farrr from perfect but i feel like i am playing a game and in apf i feel like i am looking at sweet animations all day but i dont control them
QFT, especially on defense.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #39
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
The whole 9 months thing is a lame cop out excuse. The same developing company had been working on the game for years in a row. Now say if another developing studio was making the game in, then i could cut some slack as they got to get into the grove of things, but this is simply not the case.

EA Tiburon has been working on Madden for years now and it has been sub par for quite some time. Like alliance said. Next gen EA football has been a total slap in the face to the fans that care about a true sim experience.
i'll say this again...let the record show that there were 3 maddens released in 18 months when we first transitioned to next gen. madden 08 was the first madden with a full dev cycle, and madden 09 was the first iteration on that. if you can't see the difference b/w 06 and 09, i don't know what to tell you.

how long did it take rockstar to release the first GTA on next gen? exactly.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I already explained to you about what Madden's "engines" are, so no need to go back over that. What you still fail to believe is that everything from last-gen was already scrapped during the next-gen transition, and according to your words, there is nothing really different between next-gen Maddens and last-gen Maddens. Also you CAN'T compare Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Forza to Madden NFL-a SPORTS game, that have only about 9 months worth of development time compared to the many years that those other games have.
We are just butting heads. You say everything was scrapped, I say it still plays like the same Madden I have played since N64, more refined but it still plays like Madden. When I say engine, I mean the game engine 2k uses, 989 used, Qb club used. They all played different because they used different game engines. I am saying MADDEN NEEDS A NEW GAME ENGINE. They are just reusing the same one over and over and just refining things and doing things differently. With that engine I don't think we will ever get realistic animations. I am no programmer obviously but the engine has just never played or looked realistc compared to others.

I bring up those other genres because they are GOTY material. They may have a longer devopment cycles but how is that an excuse? They had the same development cycle last gen but still put out amazing games. Not to mention Ea again has larger pockets than all those developers.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »