Home

Still no word on jump balls?

This is a discussion on Still no word on jump balls? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Still no word on jump balls?

I'm a litttle dissapointed we havent heard anything jump ball situations. weve all seen the over the shoulder catches and theyre nice but in NCAA 10 jump balls and the fade route are still a myth. It makes me doubt Madden 10 will have it correct
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Still no word on jump balls?

I agree with you 100%, but I think with all the rocket catch stuff they aren't going to really look into it. I feel you though, I think with guys like Moss and Colston and the rest of them who have the height haven't really been utilized in the red zone like they should
Old 06-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Very few players are good at catching the jump ball. The jump ball ability should be player specific, and should only occur in realistic situations. That means you shouldn't be able to do it driving down the field play after play. The highest success of the jump ball happens in the endzone, requires a receiver that is good at it, a good quarterback, and even then it isn't as easy to excute as it may seem.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

^^ it is with larry fitzgerald, just ask kurt warner
Old 06-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I really do hope to see jump balls in this year. Because steve smith does all the time when jake throws the ball up to him games. It would be nice to know if it is in the game are not!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Well lets just hope the rate of success is not that high for these passes, it starts to become apparent that people who inquire about such passes intend to abuse them.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone
Well lets just hope the rate of success is not that high for these passes, it starts to become apparent that people who inquire about such passes intend to abuse them.
Oh really?

Is it that i intend to abuse them or is it that watching larry fitzgerald dominate the 2008 playoffs made me want his playing style to be properly reflected in the game?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Fitz having that ability is player specific and if you want that then you're gonna end up in the situation the PAts are in regrding online play in 09. Yea.. no one will really play against them and if fatigue is working properly then its something that cant be done everytime you pass the ball to him, I feel he would have to be in a jump ball situation and then its gonna start sounding like the whole spec catch type of thing.

This is a sensitive subject and I feel a lot of factors have to be met in order for something like this to take place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »