Home

Problems with the MODS!!??

This is a discussion on Problems with the MODS!!?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Problems with the MODS!!??

Hey there everyone whoe reads this before i eventually get locked.

There has been several issues I have been reluctant to speak on and one of them is the treatment the MODS on these forums have for forum posters such as myself and others.

Most of the time people dont realll kow how to use the search function before posting a thread that has been asked or posted before it. Maybe more of an emphasize when you log on to the site should help curve those repeat threads even more to make you job as a MOD easier.

Another issue is with the locking of threads that seem to touch on sensitive topics or plain out get violent with just WORDS over and internet FORUM. No one here is 2PAC or BIGGIE, and I dont think anyone is gonna lose a life over it on some football forum. If it was ever that bad and a need for violence like then I would believe that these cheaters would be the first to go.

Why the rush to lock threads that get a little bit off track even though it still has as much to do with the topic at hand?

I am starting to believe its more than the usual TOS agreement we ALL agreed on when coming here and has more to do with the DEV INTERACTION more than anything.

You dont see the celebs over on twitter or facebook getting there post's locked or deleted when they talk trash or bash another celeb publicly like they have been for the past few weeks. Not everyone here is looking for that ATTENTION and give fair criticism and opinions in threads all on this forum.

Its like typing on pins and needles around here and when someone does something so slight to harm this site so called integirty then they get called for a FLAGRANT FOUL.

Oh noes we might lose the support of the devs here with critical post like that, lets just remove it before they see it.

I dont mean no harm and I am pretty sure someone will take offense to this, but at the sametime its like taking away people constitutional rights to speak even on a forum.

I know there things that should not be said and I respect that some post go too far, no gripes there. But come one now, we all want a great madden or whatever game is being discussed at that given time in that given forum.

Can we atleast have SOME heated discussions without threads getting locked and shutdown resulting in new threads popping up later with a different approach to the same topic that was just locked and deleted.

Can we get the HANDCUFFS and SHACKLES LOOSEND up a little bit before threads just start getting locked and deleted because we the PEOPLE want to know about the game WE ARE CONSIDERING SPENDING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY IN THESE HARD TRYING TIMES.

I have always been told there is someone out there working more, faster, harder and better than me out there in life and the same concept should apply here and everywhere else.

Its a dog eat dog world out here OS and i know everyone has to abide by the rules around here but its getting a little constricting at times especially over hot topics. I am pretty sure everyone here can agree that what these devs do outside of posting here is THERE JOB just like most of us have here. They get paid to put out a good product and even take worse criticism from magazine editors, but you know what, they keep letting them in year in and year out.

But as soon as some critical stuff comes acroos in a thread on here, its time to lock that crap up.

Thats just not right MODS, and I am sure most of you feel the way we do or I do. We can keep it civil here but you gotta respect us when these civil debates get heated just like in history has taught us over the years. Just cuz you say so doesnt mean its gonna go away or end just by LOCKING the thread or shoving the poster into exile from your site.

If something is getting so many peoples attention and tempers flaring over a VIDEO GAME year after year, then why even have a forum for it if you cant take the heat at all by BANNING or FLAGGING peoples accounts.

If you cant loosen up as a forum with its policies regarding what we discuss and how we do it, then someone else will.

Thats just the way things work in life.

If I dont make any sense to any of you then oh well, but there has been too many great debates goin on that have been closed and this site acts like drive-byes and stabbings are going to occur thus locking threads and flagging posters.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Problems with the MODS!!??

cool story, bro.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

whoa...too long, but the 2 sentences i read made me think of a few situations...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This site isn't owned by the users, it's privately owned.

That's all that there needs to be said.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

feel free to stop visiting here.

also, this site is nothing like twitter. I don't even know why you would compare the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

i agree with most of this. I'm always hesitant to start a thread because I'm sure within a day or 2 it gets locked and lost for ever....

and

ib4l

lol
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

2 bad they are going to lock this because you "called out the MODS"...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Let me respond before I lock this. One, If we were as you saying "Oh noes we might lose the support of the devs here with critical post like that, lets just remove it before they see it" we would delete the thread...not lock it. Ian or any other dev can still see the thread when its locked. Two, you have no constitutional rights here. This is a private forum and we can choose to act as we see fit.

With that said...locked.

Last edited by aholbert32; 06-22-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »