Home

I'm getting madden 10 for both consoles..

This is a discussion on I'm getting madden 10 for both consoles.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: I'm getting madden 10 for both consoles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I don't mean to offend anyone, but these people are the reason EA makes so much money on Madden every year and why they never seem to go the extra mile to make the BEST Madden they can no matter what the cost.

EA knows they got a group of people hooked and they'll not only buy the game without question, they'll buy multiple copies of the game.

When your customers are this devoted to buying your game, the incentive to break the mold and push the limits are not there.
You gotta be kidding me, right? All the improvements included in Madden 10 and to you, they're still not going the extra mile?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You gotta be kidding me, right? All the improvements included in Madden 10 and to you, they're still not going the extra mile?
As the devil's advocate, I would like to present Madden 07, Madden 08, and Madden 09 as counter- examples.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but these people are the reason EA makes so much money on Madden every year and why they never seem to go the extra mile to make the BEST Madden they can no matter what the cost.

EA knows they got a group of people hooked and they'll not only buy the game without question, they'll buy multiple copies of the game.

When your customers are this devoted to buying your game, the incentive to break the mold and push the limits are not there.
Well is does seem to me that this year EA has gone the extra mile by putting Ian as head lead designer and Phil in chrge of it all. Please Ian and Donny and Phil and the rest of the madden crew taking the time out of their busy lives to interact with the community and give us our wishes in the game this year. The madden crew in one year has turned the madden serias completely around and is looking way much better then it did in 09. I believe the whole madden crew has gone the extra mile and beyond to tell you the truth. I give the props to the DEV team in madden studios for the hard work and time they put into this year madden and madden 11 to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
As the devil's advocate, I would like to present Madden 07, Madden 08, and Madden 09 as counter- examples.
Agreed with the past Maddens, I don't feel it will be true with Madden 10.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

I wasn't actually speaking specifically about Madden 10, as I was about the whole Madden attitude in general over the past decade.

It was more of a generalization. Along the lines of how NFL 2K5 sold way less then Madden 05, yet it was hands-down the highest-quality NFL game of the past decade and remains in many respects to this day.

I'm not a fan of ignorant mass-consumption. Although, it makes lot of money for people like EA and Michael Bay... (cough Armageddon, Transformers 2 cough)

Madden has come off feeling like a rushed-to-the-theater line of bad movie sequels over the years, milking the brand name (Star Wars 1,2,3 anyone?)

I'll say Madden 10 looks like it might be the "Rocky Balboa" of the Rocky series, a decent "comeback" movie out of the crap of the previous efforts. But still doesn't match the glory of the first two movies.

Last edited by Netherscourge; 06-24-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Ok so those 3 turned out not be so good. But this year is completely different. Community interaction by Ian and donny and Phil and all the new stuff they have added this year that we didn't expect for them to do for us. The last 3 years was not that good. But what I have seen in the blogs and espically what I have seen in these videos from the past 2 months. I am very convinced that this year madden is the turning pointing for the next gen console. It might of took 4 years to do it. But it finally coming true. No madden 10 ain't going to be perfect and madden 10 still has some things wrong in areas. But over all Madden 10 is way better then 06 07 08 and 09 combined. So yes the madden team has gone beyond their means this year to please the fans for what they asked for.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I'll say Madden 10 looks like it might be the "Rocky Balboa" of the Rocky series, a decent "comeback" movie out of the crap of the previous efforts. But still doesn't match the glory of the first two movies.
Never saw the last Rocky movie, but sounds like video games are like movies, subjective to each person.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Um, didn't Madden 09 have "over 85 new features"?

Last edited by Nintari; 06-24-2009 at 10:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »