Home

SPEED BURST!!!!!

This is a discussion on SPEED BURST!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: SPEED BURST!!!!!

Sorry, just listing the questions. I was wondering if anybody plays without using it? And if it would be easy to do, and if it would make the game any different, better or worse.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Either get rid of it or at least make the AI use it. It's way too easy to switch players on D, turbo to the ball and pick it. (Especially out patterns) If the AI would counter that by turboing also to fight for the ball it, wouldn't be as bad. VS another human it's not as bad because the Human O player can control wr and adjust to it.

I personally say the stick fully pushed should be top speed and no artificial speed burst should be in....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

If I'm not mistaken, in Madden 09 when a player gets fatigued his running animation changes. It's gets real ugly and they run slower, I noticed this everytime I played a game.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #20
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I personally just want true analogue control back, along with the option for a 2k config where the faster you tap, the faster you run. I find it WAY more engrossing and interactive then just....holding a button down.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

No thanks.

There should be real time fatigue like FIFA.

Its basically the same system.

You can only sprint for about 8 seconds b4 your ATP energy source needs to recharge.

The longer you sprint, the less stamina you will have overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7

Im down for anything that helps madden have realistic movement and running
Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #23
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Here is what I posted in another discussion about the sprint function

I vote for a complete reversal of the "sprint button"...make it a "run under control" button until a hole opens up, then let it go and the player accelerates to top speed in the secondary.

The analog controls on both the 360 and PS3 (while having varying degree's of "analogue'ness") are not at all conducive to mimicking a back running "under control" while looking for a hole or waiting for a lane to open up. It's far too complicated to attempt pushing either systems controllers analogue stick half-way in any direction while also attempting direction changes to avoid traffic and oncoming defenders.

I think turning the sprint buttons function completely around just makes more sense. Make it so pulling the trigger on the 360 or PS3 slows the runner down just enough to give you a sense he is somewhere in between jogging and flat out sprinting, just waiting for a hole to open up. You hold him back, by quite literally holding the trigger in (this could be completely analogue as well, pull it all way and you jog; or barely pull it in and you run around 90%)...hold him, hold him..then release him into the secondary using the various attributes that determine a players overall speed rating (acceleration, speed, quickness etc).

This functionality can also be used quite handily in the open field. Both Madden and the 2K football series have lacked the "quick cutback" move that RB's so frequently use when they properly set up a defender to completely over-pursue a play. It's used most frequently via quick direction changes near either sideline. Picture running down the sideline and a DB or safety has the angle on you. Most times (especially when playing the CPU) you are very limited in what you can do...unless you have the option (one that is better implemented than simply letting off the stick, which doesn't really work) to bring the running back under control via the "chill trigger" that allows for quick change of direction moves that are so often used by quicker backs.

In todays system, you can hope that you break the DB's tackle via the magic formula that games use to determine if a runner is going down or not...or you can use the "pull back" function and give yourself a fighting chance and see if the DB over-pursues the play.

All this is of course reliant on EA implementing a pretty deep momentum system into Madden so that such moves would work at all.

FURTHER (QB control)

The trigger could be more of a strafe / pass function for the QB, keeping the QB's shoulders somewhat square to the field so you can have a "controlled" scramble and still be able to pass if needed. The passing icons could also be tied to the trigger pull as well. If you don't have it pulled you are then in full on run / sprint mode with no passing icons. You would have to move one of the passing icons (R1) to the L2 button (or X as this isnt 2k where you charge up a pass) as 2 fingers on the right triggers would just feel odd.

Hell, tie the snap count to the trigger as well...tap it for a bluff or attempt to draw the D offsides, pull it for the actual snap. That way you pull and hold the trigger (either for a run or pass) and let go when appropriate (RB beyond line of scrimmage, or QB needs to full out scramble).
Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

I like the turbo button, I wish the NHL series would add it back in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »