Home

Why would I get Madden?

This is a discussion on Why would I get Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why would I get Madden?

This past January I said "Im done with Madden, too glitchy and most of the fundamental parts of the game are wrong."

February, March, April and May I pretty much said the same thing. But now its June....and Im on the same train most of you guys are taking to get Madden when it arrives in August. Why?

Two reasons:

1. Well this is gonna be lengthy so prepare to scim. I've been playing football games since NCAA 95 and me and my "inner circle" of friends have been keeping up with whose the best every year since Gameday 98. I have only captured the title as the "BEST FOOTBALL GAMER" 3 times and my Rival has gotten its 7 times (including 5 yrs in a row since NFL 2K5). Well this year, my goal is to get the title back.

2. Well its football season coming up and I have "football fever" of course.

Why do you guys buy Madden every year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Why would I get Madden?

I buy it for Xbox or Ps2 cause it's a good game. I don't buy a game just cause it's got good graphics and has the NFL license.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Because I like football and I like franchise...hopefully the draft logic and progression are fixed!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

This years game is a true overhaul. They actually fixed things and hopefully haven't added anything that can be exploitable. Adaptive AI also helps with the cheesers but only if it works right. The game looks and I'm sure feels a lot more realistic because it doesn't have people jumping around from one side of the field to the other in under 2 seconds. QB's finally have signature styles so each of them look like their real selves. Franchise mode is fixed and works properly, along with extra things to make it stay fresh. The gameplay is helped out tremendously by Pro-Tak and also by the new presentation madden has. Overall, the game is looking great. If it was Madden 09.5 I wouldn't have bought it again. There is still a lot of room for improvement but this is just the first step towards great Madden's in the future.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I didn't get madden last year because it was not good at all. But this year is different. Ian is interacting with the fans this year and they have fixed everything in offline franchise mode and improved it some. Plus good presention this year but still has some problems that need to be fixed for madden 11. I could on for another 30 mimns. But mainly it is way above where it was in madden 09 lets put it that way. I thinks is going to be great this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Cause i love football and playin videogames!!
Old 06-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I buy Madden nearly every year because I'm hopeful the new game will be more enjoyable than the one I already have.

That pretty much sums it up for me.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Personally, I haven't liked any version of Madden on the next gen consoles. I hope every year that it will be better, but thus far it hasn't been. It gets a little old bashing the cpu like 55-0 one game and the next struggling to get a first down. It's like the AI is either horrible or unbelievable, with no middle gorund. That being said, i will, as always purchase Madden 10 (along with NCAA 10) . Hopefully OF breathes some much needed life into a dying title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »