Home

Will Madden ever introduce a similar VIP system like 2K?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever introduce a similar VIP system like 2K? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Will Madden ever introduce a similar VIP system like 2K?

please Ian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Will Madden ever introduce a similar VIP system like 2K?

I was expecting a convincing argument when I opened this.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
please Ian
For what?????? So steve-o can call you saying he wants to play you? I'll pass
Old 06-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
For what?????? So steve-o can call you saying he wants to play you? I'll pass
Please, don't bother with such a pointless response the VIP system was a very cool and innovative idea.

"The major inclusion in this years ESPN NFL game is the V.I.P system, or Virtual Identity Profile system. The V.I.P system is an exhaustive collection of data that is saved and available for perusal by any ESPN NFL player. The V.I.P system records game data in which it extracts hard statistics such as run to pass ratios, blitz percentages, or common coverage types or offensive formations. These stats are then compiled and thrown into easy-to-read charts so that any opponent’s playing style can be analyzed in order to learn tendencies. Not only is this vast amount of information available in various charts and spreadsheets, but it also can be loaded into an AI controlled team which you can play against. That’s right, you can play against a CPU team that has the same playing style as a buddy, or even the top players on the Live leaderboard. Anybody that has ever played ESPN NFL 2K5 will have a V.I.P profile which is constantly updated and changed as their skills and tendencies change. For instance, a gamer who realizes that he is too predictable on first down may choose to mix it up, which will then be reflected in their V.I.P profile; the run to pass ratio on first down will be closer to a keep-them-guessing 50%. A gamer can also use his V.I.P profile for a given team for comparison purposes against real NFL stats from last year. You may find out with a quick cross reference that you are not utilizing the Seahawks awesome running game to its full potential, and a change in offensive strategy should commence. Every NFL coach has a profile that was created to try and reflect their real-life coaching philosophies. The more aggressive coaches will go for it on fourth and more than inches, and some coaches will look to the friendly skies on just about every down. ESPN NFL 2K5 allows gamers to take any one of these coaching styles to other teams to see, for instance, what Gruden can do with the inept Bengals, or what kind of life Fisher could breathe into the Cardinals.

Keep in mind that the V.I.P profile of any player is a constant work in progress, so don’t think that the best players online are going to be as predictable as their profile may lead you to believe. The V.I.P system constantly records and will slowly change the statistics of a given player over time. The game’s engine must sometime fill in the gaps of a player profile, since there may be times when a gamer hasn’t experienced a certain situation (e.g. first and goal from the two). The key with V.I.P is to get out there and play as much as you can and experience as many different gameplay situations as possible. A wide variety of opponents will also aid in creating a top-notch profile. If you play chumps all the time, your profile will only be showing that you can protect a lead and/or run up the score. Playing competition that you know has more game than you will force a more cerebral game plan, and a less predictable one at the same time. This, in turn, will allow the V.I.P engine to record data that more closely resembles real NFL strategy.

Last edited by maddenps2; 06-28-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I would not be opposed to a VIP system. It would be pretty cool to have a coaches office where all the trophies are with all the personal stats. I will pass on the Air Hockey though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I would not be opposed to a VIP system. It would be pretty cool to have a coaches office where all the trophies are with all the personal stats. I will pass on the Air Hockey though...
What are you talking about, that really has nothing to do with what he is referring to. Read below from the ign review.

"Probably the coolest innovation ESPN NFL 2K5 has to offer is the VIP system. Here's how it works. As you play with a given profile, the computer keeps track of the exact way you play: how often and where you run, what defender you select before the snap, where you tend to move your players to, the packages you use, and so on. Once the CPU has profiled you, your VIP can be used by others to practice playing against you. It's an ingenious system, and it really works. After playing against Hilary in the office, I played his ghosty in VIP, and it was uncanny how similarly the two approached the game. What's cool about it is that often it's more difficult to beat your buddies than it is to trash the computer AI. In this way, VIP actually makes the game's AI more complex and diverse, something no other game on the market can boast."

Last edited by maddenps2; 06-28-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Please, don't bother with such a pointless response the VIP system was a very cool and innovative idea.

"The major inclusion in this years ESPN NFL game is the V.I.P system, or Virtual Identity Profile system. The V.I.P system is an exhaustive collection of data that is saved and available for perusal by any ESPN NFL player. The V.I.P system records game data in which it extracts hard statistics such as run to pass ratios, blitz percentages, or common coverage types or offensive formations. These stats are then compiled and thrown into easy-to-read charts so that any opponent’s playing style can be analyzed in order to learn tendencies. Not only is this vast amount of information available in various charts and spreadsheets, but it also can be loaded into an AI controlled team which you can play against. That’s right, you can play against a CPU team that has the same playing style as a buddy, or even the top players on the Live leaderboard. Anybody that has ever played ESPN NFL 2K5 will have a V.I.P profile which is constantly updated and changed as their skills and tendencies change. For instance, a gamer who realizes that he is too predictable on first down may choose to mix it up, which will then be reflected in their V.I.P profile; the run to pass ratio on first down will be closer to a keep-them-guessing 50%. A gamer can also use his V.I.P profile for a given team for comparison purposes against real NFL stats from last year. You may find out with a quick cross reference that you are not utilizing the Seahawks awesome running game to its full potential, and a change in offensive strategy should commence. Every NFL coach has a profile that was created to try and reflect their real-life coaching philosophies. The more aggressive coaches will go for it on fourth and more than inches, and some coaches will look to the friendly skies on just about every down. ESPN NFL 2K5 allows gamers to take any one of these coaching styles to other teams to see, for instance, what Gruden can do with the inept Bengals, or what kind of life Fisher could breathe into the Cardinals.

Keep in mind that the V.I.P profile of any player is a constant work in progress, so don’t think that the best players online are going to be as predictable as their profile may lead you to believe. The V.I.P system constantly records and will slowly change the statistics of a given player over time. The game’s engine must sometime fill in the gaps of a player profile, since there may be times when a gamer hasn’t experienced a certain situation (e.g. first and goal from the two). The key with V.I.P is to get out there and play as much as you can and experience as many different gameplay situations as possible. A wide variety of opponents will also aid in creating a top-notch profile. If you play chumps all the time, your profile will only be showing that you can protect a lead and/or run up the score. Playing competition that you know has more game than you will force a more cerebral game plan, and a less predictable one at the same time. This, in turn, will allow the V.I.P engine to record data that more closely resembles real NFL strategy.
Yea it sounds nice on paper but I bet you not alot of guys used that daily.

Last edited by da bucs gm; 06-28-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
Yea it sounds nice on paper but I bet you not alot of guys used that daily.
That's your argument? It makes no sense at all. It wasn't just something "on paper" it was in the game and worked surprisingly well for it's first year of implementation. To me it was one of the coolest additions I had seen in a sports game. I was interested to see how it would involve and improve throughout the years, but as we know that never came to be.

Last edited by maddenps2; 06-28-2009 at 05:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »