Home

Players at wrong positions???....

This is a discussion on Players at wrong positions???.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Players at wrong positions???....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer321

I know everybody wants to seem extremely smart all the time, but sometimes it just doesn't work out .
lol
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Jason Taylor is listed at DE for Miami but he will be a pass rushing OLB.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #19
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

The thing I liked about past Maddens is the ability for users to edit positions if they desire to. If Madden 10 has this feature WITHOUT the glitch that removes a player's draft information, all of these concerns can be addressed come August.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Carolina Panthers rookie Sherrod Martin is understandably listed as a Safety in Madden 10 because of college. However, he was drafted to play CB. He's going to take the nickel spot since Marshall has moved up to our #2 CB. Lucas was let go, so Gamble took the #1 spot. He talked about playing CB on draft day and is listed as a CB on Panthers.com. Maybe it's fitting this way, but it's still a player in the wrong position.

http://www.panthers.com/team/roster/...b-969088761964
Old 06-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

gentlemen, this is my kind of talk. I have wondered about this for years, they need to make these changes for the differences in a 4-3 and 3-4 front. But i agree with keeping with the ROLB LOLB because generally, with motion the Lb's do stay on the same side, essentially making the slb the wlb and vice versa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #22
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
The thing I liked about past Maddens is the ability for users to edit positions if they desire to. If Madden 10 has this feature WITHOUT the glitch that removes a player's draft information, all of these concerns can be addressed come August.
I really hope they fixed this glitch. I like editing my rookies numbers and equipment. I like the 3-4 defense and would like to convert college DE's to OLB also. I've asked this in a couple of posts now and I never receive an answer.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The Eagles run a cover-4 base that rotates into cover 3 depending on the motion of the offense. In this system, there is little to no different in the role of free and strong safeties. The only difference is that what we refer to as a "Free" safety generally lines up to the defensive right (as most offenses line up strong right/defensive left).
There's definitely a difference between the SS and FS in the Eagles defense. In 2008, they may have seemed almost interchangeable; however, that was due to Dawkins' being a liability in coverage. Dawkins, who lacked coverage skills last season played down in the box a lot more ; Mikell was given more coverage responsiblities. In a sense, they sort of switched positions last year. Dawkins basically played SS, and Mikell played FS.

This year, there will definitely be a difference between FS and SS; Whoever wins the FS job, whether that's Demps or Jones will be a true FS, with Mikell playing SS.

Also, I've never heard that the Eagles ran a cover 4 based system; you mind directing me to where you found that info ?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #24
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Karlos Dansby plays WILB, not LOLB (you guys had it right last year, why the change?) and I hope that he's able to maintain his 89 rating once moved inside. One year he was screwed and dropped to 85 or something.

Clark Haggans is projected to be the starting LOLB since the Cardinals intend to move to true 3-4 defense, not at ROLB

Instead of Poga Togafau, you'd be better served putting in rookie OLB Will Davis.

Bertrand Berry is also supposed to be getting looks at LOLB, but I can understand why he's there at RE since he was the Predator last season.

Ali Highsmith might be better off moved inside to make room for the adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »