Home

Advantage of Preordering?

This is a discussion on Advantage of Preordering? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Advantage of Preordering?

Speaking of the demo, anybody know when the Gamestop Preorder demos will be out?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Rookie

sometime late july after ncaa comes out
Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I almost always pre-order games I know I'll end up picking up. For me its advantageous because I'm a college kid and its tough to justify throwing down $60 on a game at once. When I pre-order, I can put my $5 down on the game, and keep chipping away and adding to that 5 every time I have a little extra cash. You can always get a game the day it comes out, so this is the only real advantage for me. Plus with Madden, you can snag it at midnight (they ony let those who pre-ordered pick it up at midnight). The demo and other specials they sometimes offer are also incentives to pre-order.
hey well can you do the same with the reserves that you pay 5 bucks and so sence i did that i can keep putting money towards the game ? if that is thanks allot man ... i am going to pay like 5 bucks in a cuple bucks like every week until it comes out .... thanks lots ....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan54matt
hey well can you do the same with the reserves that you pay 5 bucks and so sence i did that i can keep putting money towards the game ? if that is thanks allot man ... i am going to pay like 5 bucks in a cuple bucks like every week until it comes out .... thanks lots ....
yeah you can keep chipping away at the price. i put 10 bucks down when i preordered it and 25 last week. 30 ish to go!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I don't see any "advantage" in pre-ordering well, other than the demo. I'm going to make due with NCAA 10 until August 14th.

Last year I didn't pre-order either. I went to Best Buy for their Midnight release. I arrived at the store around 15 minutes til 12 and there was problably around 50 people waiting (most of who pre-ordered).

Once they opened the door's they had a line for pre-order's that everyone who pre-ordered had to go through and another line for those of us who didn't. So even though, I was like the 10th person in the store, I was the first to walk out with my copy of Madden!! Because I didn't have to wait in line.

I'm in no way telling someone not to pre-order. If that's what floats your boat then go right ahead. However, I'm not pre-ordering unless I can get the game on Tuesday the 11th

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans989
besides the fact of gettin a better demo from gamestop, is there any actual advantage? would i actually get it that much earlier, or could i get it just as early as goin to the store
You know for a fact you will have it that day!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Last edited by TrapStar215; 06-29-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

I think it really depends on where you live and the store options you have available to you.

Personally I live a few blocks down the street from a Best Buy that is going to have hundreds of copies of Madden out on a table launch day - so there's no reason to deal with preordering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans989
besides the fact of gettin a better demo from gamestop, is there any actual advantage? would i actually get it that much earlier, or could i get it just as early as goin to the store
I've been left out before by the game selling out. And had to run all over town looking for a copy. I said that wouldn't happen to me again. I always pre-order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »