Home

This Has Been a Presentation of EA Sports

This is a discussion on This Has Been a Presentation of EA Sports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #25
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This Has Been a Presentation of EA Sports

honestly i'm not sure if it's a design decision or a legal reason. some people think the nfl won't allow it, but i'm not sure. back in the day, madden had a fox presentation, but that changed when they went to ps2 i think. since then, they've emulated broadcasts (like nbc this year), but without actual rights to a broadcast (and we don't know that's part of the espn deal) there's nothing else they can say unless they have a network, unless they just make a network up, but then it would probably have ea in it (like EASN from the early genesis days).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colladie
Are you seriously this OCD for realism.
Anyone notice how much "OCD" is thrown around this forum? I wonder if the cause is OCD.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
honestly i'm not sure if it's a design decision or a legal reason. some people think the nfl won't allow it, but i'm not sure. back in the day, madden had a fox presentation, but that changed when they went to ps2 i think. since then, they've emulated broadcasts (like nbc this year), but without actual rights to a broadcast (and we don't know that's part of the espn deal) there's nothing else they can say unless they have a network, unless they just make a network up, but then it would probably have ea in it (like EASN from the early genesis days).
thats right they DID have fox broadcast@! and that was sweet, wasn't it? Madden 97 and Madden 98 had the best broadcast presentation in Madden's history, and IMHO it was right up there with ESPN 2k5.

Sure, no highlights, but James Brown talking about the playoff picture, and then John and Pat was sweet.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
It's licensed by the NFL, it is NOT intellectual property of the NFL. It would be illegal to call it a presentation of the NFL it seems...but I'm not a lawyer.
thats what i thought
Old 06-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #29
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
thats right they DID have fox broadcast@! and that was sweet, wasn't it? Madden 97 and Madden 98 had the best broadcast presentation in Madden's history, and IMHO it was right up there with ESPN 2k5.

Sure, no highlights, but James Brown talking about the playoff picture, and then John and Pat was sweet.
Madden did not use the Actual Fox overlays, they just emulated it but still used EA Sports. EA actually has never used a real broadcast channel for its game...
Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
2k5 had a lot of "brought to you by ESPN, the world wide leader in sports" going on. Which I don't mind, because ESPN is a real sports broadcaster, and that has been their actual little motto.

But 2k8 had WAY to much "brought to you by 2k sports," which thank you for mentioning, because it is just as annoying in 2k8 as it is in Madden.
100%
Old 06-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #31
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

edit: it had the logo in the opening, they did use the music though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Madden did not use the Actual Fox overlays, they just emulated it but still used EA Sports. EA actually has never used a real broadcast channel for its game...
Im pretty sure they had the exact theme music, and James Brown said "NFL on Fox," but its been years. But I KNOW they had the exact Fox theme music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H09MBynulM

That song. It was in the old maddens.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »