Home

So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview or..

This is a discussion on So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview or.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
I agree. EA chose to hype this online franchise system, but if you get past all the hype you realize how incredibly bare it is. Very disappointed. All the missing features remind me of games from the mid-90's. That just shouldn't happen in this day and age.
Agreed. I mean, Full Stat tracking, unbalanced trades, remote access from PC or iphone, live drafts, full scale progression and regression, ability to let CPU take over, true NFL scheduling. This stuff reminds me of games from the mid-90's......
Old 06-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview

I think you guys are getting all worked up over nothing. Sure it doesn't have preseason games but how many of you actually play the preseason games in your franchise? I know someone said they were going to use those games to determine if you should play on all-pro or all-madden. Well you could always just set up the 4 real preseason games and just play online.

This is the first year for this feature so we all knew it wasn't going to be perfect this year. Heck regular franchise wasn't great right away and took a few years before it became something special.

If they took another year to develop this and put in all that stuff then all you guys would be complaining that they didn't include it this year. It really is a lose-lose situation for EA. At least this way we can play it this year while they work on trying to add all those things.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Guys I believe Ian said it was either no online franchise at all until 2011 or a bare bones one. They had a lot to fix in the main game and didn't have time to get OF fully where they wanted it. I'm personally glad they decided to give us what they had instead of waiting another year. What they don't get in this year I'm sure will be in next year.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Pre-season sucks anyway.

Pre-season = 4 weeks to get your star players injured for the whole season in meaningless games that don't count for SHIZZZ.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't see why you would really whine about no preseason at the beginning of the online dynasty. The rosters will be the same for that week, just go offline and practice with your squad before the start of the OD.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

i gotta say i'm also pretty disappointed with the absence of preseason. i would like to evaluate my roster against other PEOPLE in my league and not just against the cpu. i could have sworn i had saw in a E3 video josh saying there was a full preseason. I guess i'm losin my marbles..
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Pre-season sucks anyway.

Pre-season = 4 weeks to get your star players injured for the whole season in meaningless games that don't count for SHIZZZ.
not if you don't play your star player. Also now that depth actually matters evaluation will be very important. A LOT of guys in the NFL would have never been found if they didn't get a chance to compete in Preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I don't see why you would really whine about no preseason at the beginning of the online dynasty. The rosters will be the same for that week, just go offline and practice with your squad before the start of the OD.
If it's not in the first year then it's probably not in any other year. This is a chance to see if some of those lower rated guys should be re-signed or not. The first year you could play offline or play VS. online but in the other years you would have to edit the roster quite a bit to try and simulate this and I don't think you can play online with edited rosters.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Practice mode, if not offline?

Personally, I do not want to be playing preseason games in an online franchise. Or any franchise for that matter.
Correct, no pre-season games this year.

We had to make tough decisions as to what made it in Year 1 of Online Franchise and what did not make it in...and unfortunately Pre-season games fell on the short end of the stick.

The good news here, and this has been said by myself, Ian, Phil and others many times before, that if there is a great demand for this type of thing for online franchise....we will look to add it via server side later down the road.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »