Home

So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview or..

This is a discussion on So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview or.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview or..

Another WTF!

Donny: Here’s the lowdown: 10 full seasons. 32 teams. 8 divisions. 2 conferences. Real NFL schedule starting in Week 1 of the regular season. 17 week regular season. Each team has a BYE week. 6 teams make the NFL Playoffs in each conference. Wild Card Week, Divisional Playoffs, Conference Championships, Super Bowl. Advance to off-season.

So Online Dynasty starts Week 1 does this mean no preseason? How in the hell do I check out my new rookies in full game mode without jeopardizing my real games that count
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview

Practice mode, if not offline?

Personally, I do not want to be playing preseason games in an online franchise. Or any franchise for that matter.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Banned

Re: So Online Dynasty starts on week 1 - so NO PRESEASON? A mess up in the Interview

I think it's important - not to mention it's a great way to test new schemes out.

Practice mode - I am sorry but the issue with that is your not playing at full game mode - so I don't think that is the best solution.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

We were going to play pre-season in the TSL league. 2 games on All-pro and 2 games on All-madden then decide which was better for the league. So in that instance....it was going to be used for something constructive. And if anything...just to get a feel for the game without them counting for something....hmmmm.....kinda like the real NFL. A warm up.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I suppose you can just play a regular online math if you can to test some things out. Not really a big deal for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
Banned

I mean no salary cap, no player contracts, no preseason, no free agency period in the offseason, it is slowly beginning to look like a more revamped version of last year's League.

Now I KNOW it's server based and this stuff can be fixed but let's be real it's a 10% chance it actually does get addressed on any of these glaring needs in Online Dynasty. Yeah I know some of you will bash me for saying this stuff but this is the kinda stuff the bugs me. I think the whole server based fix that they use is just a way to keep people who are new to EA or people who now think Ian is God to defend them.

I am not really bashing Ian or any of these guys 100% because I know it's not their fault and quite frankly LOVE everything Ian and CO. have done - but these things do bother me
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
I suppose you can just play a regular online math if you can to test some things out. Not really a big deal for me.
Yeah cause all I want to do is test some things out - no quite frankly I'd like to test out my 7th year team with the draft class and everything else. I'd like to check to see which player fits best where. OK so this 7th rounder I drafted is great against the run and crappy against the pass - so this way I know where to fit players into my scheme.

It's ONLINE FRANCHISE - so where is say...preseason?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #8
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree. EA chose to hype this online franchise system, but if you get past all the hype you realize how incredibly bare it is. Very disappointed. All the missing features remind me of games from the mid-90's. That just shouldn't happen in this day and age.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »