Home

Am I the only one who wants to keep it realistic?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who wants to keep it realistic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #25

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Am I the only one who wants to keep it realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
It all depends. If the real life Browns trade away Braylon Edwards because he's not performing, but he's a beast in Madden, I'll keep him.But, if both game Edwards and real life Edwards are stinking up the joint, bye-bye...
Example: I'm playing an Indians franchise in The Show. DeRosa and Carmona are performing above average in the game. Why would I send Carmona down to Triple AAA and trade Derosa, just to match real life, where the Tribe is in last place? (I'm first in my division in the game).
See what I mean?

I usually start to get bored with Madden franchise around March-April. That's usually when too many players have signed elsewhere and guys are starting to get drafted to different teams that don't align with my franchise which in effect completely throwns my franchise "story" out of the window.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #26
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I did this last year, trying to keep my franchise up with the major changes, and it ended up ruining the game for me. I was constantly starting over. I realized, this past weekend, that I NEVER got to the offseason in Madden 09. I eventually burnt myself out. I've been playing a franchise in '09, and when I got there, I didn't recognize it.

So this year, I'm doing what I used to do: assume that my franchise is an alternate reality. I'll still make some rating changes, if need be, to bigger players (if they're significant enough). But other than that, no dice.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

-49ers side note-
49ers have some strong points, and some points that are still worth working on. Frank Gore is a beast and I like Michael Robinson. Michael Crabtree and Josh Morgan are our future at WR. Unlike Resauhn Woods or the other junk/old recievers we have had over the last 6 years I actually like what we have going for us at WR finally. I still belive in Vernon Davis. Joe Stayley (LT) and Eric Hightman (C) are the only two healthy members of our line I have faith in. We need at least one more good lineman to be good. Either a Guard, or better, a great Left tackle so we can move Joe Stayley over to Gurad where IMO he would shine even brighter as a pulling guard and pass blocker would be key here. At QB we are very weak and Shaun Hill is a stop gap. His job is to not screw up, and he does that well, but that's all he does. We need a franchise QB like Matt Ryan has shown he can be for Atlanta.

I agree with you. I'm a Packer's Fan but, I think the 49ers are going to be one of the best team's to play with this year. One player on offense that you left out was Glen Coffee.

Sure, I'm an Alabama homer. But, I think that he's going to be a hell of a back up for Frank Gore. Another challenge would be finding a replacement for S. Hill. Maybe Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy would be available in the draft. (see this is just a small example of how much fun you can have if you forget about the "real life roster's)

Just it let go.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

I don't make stupid crazy trades at the beginning. I just start out the way it is (with the most recent update) and hopefully have some fun (haven't had much since Madden 07 on the Xbox).
Old 07-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

realistic is always the best i hate cheesers
Old 07-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

You guys made me think about it. Maybe it is really not a good way.
Maybe another problem is: I'm still looking for a second team to cheer for, after the saints.
So I play with almost every team a few games, to see if I'm playing good with them and so on. That's why I started about 6 franchises not including the ones with the saints, but got bored after about 6 games.
You know, because of the fact, i can't watch any NFL games on a legally or not horribly expensive way, my only chance to keep up with the nlf is nfl.com and the game.
So if i really enjoy playing with a team in madden, i can easily become fan of that team. If i don't enjoy playing with it, i don't even waste a thought on becoming fan.
Others watch the NFL Games and become fan because they like they way the team plays and they can identify with the players. I'm not able to do that, so i watch the highlights and if I like the way one team plays, i play a game in madden and as i told you already, if i enjoy playing them, i begin to cheer for them on second place after the saints. But that didn't really ever happen.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #31
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopInsaino
realistic is always the best i hate cheesers
Not quite what the thread was about. The OP is talking about whether you'd start as the Cardinals and instantly trade Kurt Warner, etc. He's not talking about nanos and cheesing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Someone put this on the wish list Madden 2011 as an option in "Superstar Mode"

Play/Feature "Read n Lead"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »