Home

Blogs - Big news?

This is a discussion on Blogs - Big news? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Blogs - Big news?

I concur with the deflated\left hanging feeling.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #18
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
A development team, and its lead designer, has a timeline worked out (typically) for how development will unfold. A team for Madden would layout such a timeline for multiple years and iterations. When the lead designer changes, that timeline, and the goals within, change. So suddenly, you're mid-project with a mess of stuff. Franchise is broken, animations are off, this and that, etc. You need to get yourself rolling. Ian has not had two years to drive the development team, he's had one.

They did bring over some new franchise guys, so some people are new. But the point is that the goals have shifted, and what was once satisfactory is no longer so. So now the new lead designer (Ian) has to not only get his stuff implemented, but he has to clean up the workspace that was left behind (offline franchise, OL/DL, etc).

It takes a great amount of time to do this.
umm.. i didn't ask or comment on anything about deadlines or deliverables.. so I am not sure why you are quoting me.
I was only asking if they actually have "New" DEV team or not.

But I am sure Ian is happy knowing that you are here to defend him night and day. Maybe you will get an invite to Community Day at EA next year if you keep this up..
Old 07-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

The effort by this development team has far exceeded that of other teams on other games that I won't bash in this forum. I would rather this team focus on solid game play, which it seems they have, and then add new features. The presentation looks better so far than any Madden I've seen, and they've built that into franchise. Ian is constantly responding to constructive criticism and has gotten back to the community on the specifics of what they're doing to improve this game. I've never seen this level of interaction before, and it has already paid dividends. This game is back on the rise, and I can't see a limit to the potential it has down the road, even if some small things didn't make it this year.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #20
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
The effort by this development team has far exceeded that of other teams on other games that I won't bash in this forum. I would rather this team focus on solid game play, which it seems they have, and then add new features. The presentation looks better so far than any Madden I've seen, and they've built that into franchise. Ian is constantly responding to constructive criticism and has gotten back to the community on the specifics of what they're doing to improve this game. I've never seen this level of interaction before, and it has already paid dividends. This game is back on the rise, and I can't see a limit to the potential it has down the road, even if some small things didn't make it this year.
Great attitude. More people should follow your way of thinking. A lot of people are upset that some things aren't in Madden 10, but judging by the Madden team's progress this year, I can only see a brighter future. I just hope some people feel the same way instead of questioning whether or not the development team is new or continually finding negatives to focus on because of a certain feature on their own personal wishlist didn't make it into the game. Hopefully when Madden 10 is released, I'll finally enjoy it for an entire year, but that remains to be seen on August 14th.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Did they ever explain the facebook integration? Or did I completely miss that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
umm.. i didn't ask or comment on anything about deadlines or deliverables.. so I am not sure why you are quoting me.
I was only asking if they actually have "New" DEV team or not.

But I am sure Ian is happy knowing that you are here to defend him night and day. Maybe you will get an invite to Community Day at EA next year if you keep this up..
Then you don't understand why people are saying "new dev team." Re-read what I said, then think about why this is a "new dev team."
Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 52

Pre-E3 news = Gameplay improvements.
E3 / Big news = Online Franchise + all new presentation. As far as I can remember those have been the 2 biggest requests in every single post and wishlist for going on 5 years now. I really have to hang my head in sorrow if that didn't qualify as big news. I can't think of anything bigger off hand honestly other than more depth within each addition - but even if that was the case I bet this thread would still be posted.

On a side note, to the OP, it seems kind of weird that you don't think Online Franchise is big news, but if I had done a blog that showed a double team animation on Richard Seymour, that would have satisfied you enough that you wouldn't be making a thread like this one feeling let down that there hasn't been enough big news?

Expectations will never be fully met with everyone - can't please everyone. Such is life.

BTW - thanks to those commenting on the work we've done being transparent this year...squigg, broncos, et al.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 07-01-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #24

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Pre-E3 news = Gameplay improvements.
E3 / Big news = Online Franchise + all new presentation. As far as I can remember those have been the 2 biggest requests in every single post and wishlist for going on 5 years now. Sorry if that let people down.

On a side note, to the OP, it seems kind of weird that you don't think Online Franchise is big news, but if I had done a blog that showed a double team animation on Richard Seymour, that would have satisfied you enough that you wouldn't be making a thread like this one feeling let down that there hasn't been big news?

Expectations will never be fully met with everyone - can't please everyone. Such is life.

Thanks to those who do appreciate all the work we've done being transparent this year.

So are you saying that there are double-team animations and that the 3-4 finally works the way it should?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »