Home

Blogs - Big news?

This is a discussion on Blogs - Big news? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Blogs - Big news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
All I want to know is:

1. Have challenges been fixed?

2. Is there progressive lighting?

These have been asked for three months and still no answer.
Great questions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
P.S. Why am I made out to feel like the bad guy when after 6months of using OS, and the interactions with EA, that when I still am left with [what I feel are] HUGE questions regarding game play when the game is about to go gold? I don't get it. Is pre-ordering the game for the first time ever and thanking Ian for all the great things him, his team, and Phill and all that have done not appreciative enough? It's like after CD those that went were treated like "madden heads," if I ask what about a lot of gameplay isues that have yet to be adressed and if they will be before launch, I'm a ***** or something. What ever.
I don't see you as a ***** or bad guy or anything - just coming from my point of view it's just a frustrating situation when you can't please everyone. No answer to that...it will always be that way...but this year more than any year I've ever been at EA we brought the house - all of us put our heart and soul into the game and focused nearly 100% of our efforts on purely making our hardcore fans happy - so it's tough reading "that's it?"

Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #43
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

This is what I don't understand, the "I'm upset that Ian hasn't responded to my demands!". And no, I'm not a "fanboi" (I gag whenever I type that). I'm just VERY appreciative of the fact that this fella here has decided to kick some butt with Madden and then feels the desire to come here, with us Madden Heads, and jam with us. I don't know of ANY other game where the lead designer himself comes to a community forum and regularly chats with people. Regularly, as in daily.

I'm not about to let Ian think that's not appreciated. Transparency is massive, and EA has been very very poor about that. In business, transparency is coveted. I'm elated that the game that I love is in control of a team that wants to talk to me about it. Every chance I get to do is awesome. I'm not granted some right to do so. Ian doesn't have to do so, and I have a feeling he sometimes does so against the wishes of some people within EA.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm in love with the guy, or that I don't have questions either. If I could, I'd pick Ian's brain apart. And I have my beefs with Madden 09 (I almost broke a controller because of it).

PS: No problem, Ian.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #44
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I haven't been huge on Madden for the past few years but I need to commend Ian on the amount of fixes that have been brought forth in this years iteration. No one will be fully pleased, (I work as a support & technical analyst for a software company, so I can feel your stomach turn a bit when people post negative stuff after you've poured your heart and soul into a product. Remember what 40 hour weeks used to be like? )

But, this is the first year I have ever pre ordered Madden. The strides that the team has made this year are great and I think I speak for a lot of people on the board when I say OF is HUGE news. If the pre-order numbers are up in such a recession I hope the Execs at EA realize this is due to the design team interaction with the Madden fan base and trying to appease the casual to the hardcore and encourage the interaction with us (the fan and even not so fan base) for future iterations.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 33

"I demand to know everything about the game if and when I ask and expect an immediate response. You know, because I've bought 10 Madden games which makes me the majority shareholder of EA."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #46
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
but this year more than any year I've ever been at EA we brought the house - all of us put our heart and soul into the game and focused nearly 100% of our efforts on purely making our hardcore fans happy - so it's tough reading "that's it?"
Ian I'll say the same thing i say to my 6 year old daughter who just started playing soccer.

- did you try your best?
- did you have fun?
- we're you part of the team?

If you can answer yes to those 3 questions then at the end of the day what else matters. You know you did a great job and you've delivered the best version of madden you can so far, that's enough for me and a whole lot of other people.

People have a sense of entitlement in today's world and OS is like the eye of the storm for that attitude. Ignore it and your days will be brighter.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #47
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I don't see you as a ***** or bad guy or anything - just coming from my point of view it's just a frustrating situation when you can't please everyone. No answer to that...it will always be that way...but this year more than any year I've ever been at EA we brought the house - all of us put our heart and soul into the game and focused nearly 100% of our efforts on purely making our hardcore fans happy - so it's tough reading "that's it?"
The more you give, the more they want. To be honest Ian, I think this proves some gamers will always be pessimistic. I saw a complaint once about a game that said it was "too realistic." People ask for things, and when they get what they wished for they either don't notice it or they find a problem with the improvements. Last I checked, Madden 10 wasn't released yet, not even the demo.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #48
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Okay, I respect that. from that perspective I also feel I should apologize a big because it also "isn't it" like you said, there are still more blogs to come, and from what you listed almost if not all of them are SWEET topics. let me guess the computer play calling is going to be the last to drop...

Any chance once you guys are all done and have your time off, before the game is for sale we can get some more line interaction video, esp regarding a base 3-4 scheme? pls pls pls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »